Honey Maid Responds to Anti-Gay Backlash With ‘Love’
Honey Maid responds to anti-gay backlash by releasing a heartwarming commercial in response.
Last month, Honey Maid released a commercial that celebrated the LGBT community. The commercial featured a plethora of diverse families, including everything from showing two men raising their baby together to a tattooed dad playing drums with his daughters. The tagline was “This is Wholesome,” and why not? Families—and love—are wholesome.
Here’s the original video:
Not surprisingly, the company received a lot of anti-gay backlash from anti-gay organizations like One Million Moms and the American Decency Association. In the true fashion of love, Honey Maid responded to the hatred with another commercial, this time using the theme of “Love.”
The new video features a message from the company talking about the negative comments that were received, and, well, you’ll just need to watch the rest.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding