Honey Maid Responds to Anti-Gay Backlash With ‘Love’
Honey Maid responds to anti-gay backlash by releasing a heartwarming commercial in response.
Last month, Honey Maid released a commercial that celebrated the LGBT community. The commercial featured a plethora of diverse families, including everything from showing two men raising their baby together to a tattooed dad playing drums with his daughters. The tagline was “This is Wholesome,” and why not? Families—and love—are wholesome.
Here’s the original video:
Not surprisingly, the company received a lot of anti-gay backlash from anti-gay organizations like One Million Moms and the American Decency Association. In the true fashion of love, Honey Maid responded to the hatred with another commercial, this time using the theme of “Love.”
The new video features a message from the company talking about the negative comments that were received, and, well, you’ll just need to watch the rest.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy