Honey Maid Responds to Anti-Gay Backlash With ‘Love’
Honey Maid responds to anti-gay backlash by releasing a heartwarming commercial in response.
Last month, Honey Maid released a commercial that celebrated the LGBT community. The commercial featured a plethora of diverse families, including everything from showing two men raising their baby together to a tattooed dad playing drums with his daughters. The tagline was “This is Wholesome,” and why not? Families—and love—are wholesome.
Here’s the original video:
Not surprisingly, the company received a lot of anti-gay backlash from anti-gay organizations like One Million Moms and the American Decency Association. In the true fashion of love, Honey Maid responded to the hatred with another commercial, this time using the theme of “Love.”
The new video features a message from the company talking about the negative comments that were received, and, well, you’ll just need to watch the rest.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married