Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
Christian and Clifton’s intimate hometown Ohio wedding at Jeffrey Mansion was a semi-formal affair and detail-oriented in all aspects. The grooms traveled from their home of San Francisco, California, to Bexley, Ohio, to get married in front of 50 family and friends after a nine-month engagement. Check out their sweet proposal on Equally Wed!
FIRST DANCE SONG
Eddie Veder, “Longing to belong to you”
ADVICE FOR ENGAGED LGBTQ+ COUPLES
Your day will be perfect, even if there are slight annoyances or changes that you did not expect. The day is all about the two of you and you will not repeat this day. Be present, enjoy everyone, and laugh and cry.
ADVICE FOR VENDORS WORKING WITH LGBTQ+ COUPLES
Simply treat the couple with respect and care. Do not be afraid to ask the couple if you do not understand anything about their wants and needs. All couples have an idea of what they want and open communication brings happy results.
WHO WALKED DOWN THE AISLE AND WITH WHOM? OR WHO (IF ANYONE) WAITED AT THE FRONT?
Both Christian and Cliff walked down the aisle with their mothers.
WHAT CHALLENGES DID YOU FACE AS AN LGBTQ+ COUPLE PLANNING YOUR WEDDING?
None really. We used vendors and companies that were accommodating. Just the distance from Ohio to California was the greatest challenge for planning.
DID YOU ENCOUNTER ANY SURPRISES AS AN LGBTQ+ COUPLE PLANNING YOUR WEDDING?
Just that the staff and vendors we used were so loving and supportive. Everyone went above and beyond to be sure we felt it was our special day.
Photographer: Starling Studio
Wedding Ceremony Venue: Jeffrey Mansion
Wedding Reception Venue + Caterer: Lindey’s
Florist: Prema Designs
Suits: Tom Ford
Rings: Tiffany + Co.
Cake: Piece of Cake
Bow ties: Brackish
Cuff links: Neiman Marcus
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Beautifully gothic Texas wedding with creative details
- Fortune Feimster marries Jacquelyn Smith in intimate beach wedding
- How to create an inclusive wedding for hearing-impaired and deaf guests
- Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors