Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
Christian and Clifton’s intimate hometown Ohio wedding at Jeffrey Mansion was a semi-formal affair and detail-oriented in all aspects. The grooms traveled from their home of San Francisco, California, to Bexley, Ohio, to get married in front of 50 family and friends after a nine-month engagement. Check out their sweet proposal on Equally Wed!
FIRST DANCE SONG
Eddie Veder, “Longing to belong to you”
ADVICE FOR ENGAGED LGBTQ+ COUPLES
Your day will be perfect, even if there are slight annoyances or changes that you did not expect. The day is all about the two of you and you will not repeat this day. Be present, enjoy everyone, and laugh and cry.
ADVICE FOR VENDORS WORKING WITH LGBTQ+ COUPLES
Simply treat the couple with respect and care. Do not be afraid to ask the couple if you do not understand anything about their wants and needs. All couples have an idea of what they want and open communication brings happy results.
WHO WALKED DOWN THE AISLE AND WITH WHOM? OR WHO (IF ANYONE) WAITED AT THE FRONT?
Both Christian and Cliff walked down the aisle with their mothers.
WHAT CHALLENGES DID YOU FACE AS AN LGBTQ+ COUPLE PLANNING YOUR WEDDING?
None really. We used vendors and companies that were accommodating. Just the distance from Ohio to California was the greatest challenge for planning.
DID YOU ENCOUNTER ANY SURPRISES AS AN LGBTQ+ COUPLE PLANNING YOUR WEDDING?
Just that the staff and vendors we used were so loving and supportive. Everyone went above and beyond to be sure we felt it was our special day.
Photographer: Starling Studio
Wedding Ceremony Venue: Jeffrey Mansion
Wedding Reception Venue + Caterer: Lindey’s
Florist: Prema Designs
Suits: Tom Ford
Rings: Tiffany + Co.
Cake: Piece of Cake
Bow ties: Brackish
Cuff links: Neiman Marcus
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings