Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
Tam and Yiyun committed their lives to each other in an intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California, even though they now live in the midwest. The grooms wanted to showcase the beauty of the surrounding nature and architecture throughout their day. Their wedding suits reflect the earthy hues of wine country with an olive green suit paired with a luxe silk orange bow tie and an oatmeal cream suit worn with an olive green silk bow tie speckled with orange. The grooms dressed for their wedding in the same room, helping each other get ready with fastening cuff links and pinning their complementing boutonnieres. The bespectacled grooms completed the look with camel-colored shoes.
Their vows were spoken with such love and sincerity, says their photographer, Heather K. Purdy. Yiyun even said that he never thought he would be brave enough to come out, but loving Tam gave him courage and it made his fear go away, since he knew their love story was bigger than his fear. (We’re not crying, you are.)
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Heather K. Purdy
Floral Designer: Fleurs du Soleil
Event Venue: Folktale Winery and Vineyards
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line