From the photographer, Barb Danielson: The inspiration behind this shoot was to create an elegantly styled wedding in the woods infused with masculinity, whiskey and nature. With rentals provided by Borrow my Vintage and invitation suite designed by Andi’s Invites, we pulled together the perfect balance between raw nature and elegant design.
This inspiration shoot took place at a local state park, keeping our colors neutral and earthy and harnessing that masculine atmosphere. The couple modeling was married at a destination wedding last summer and never had professional photos taken to commemorate their occasion, so they were happy to have their commitment celebrated for our styled shoot. This also takes place in Iowa, one of the pioneer states in marriage equality.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding