The Italian rustic moody destination gay wedding of your dreams
Grooms Luca and Gerrard live in Venice, Italy, but eloped to the small town of Marostica, Italy. Their photos tell an exquisite story of love and light, of commitment and devotion, and pure adoration. The rustic elements, moody lighting, cold hues and warm candles envelope us and invite you in to their private wedding.
The light in Luca and Gerrard’s eyes was warm and enveloping like the autumn light, the one that embraces and takes care of you intensely.
We interpreted their story through contrasts, interpreting with an industrial style made of cold hues against stronger materials, from concrete to iron, from gunmetal to rusty colors.
The result was a calibrated mix of suggestions and sensations. For the flower arrangements we used roots and berries, coordinated furniture and constant details from the industrial world. We did not need extra light: we had candles and their love. The soft music, their voices speaking in whispers, and emotion shining everywhere around us. We needed nothing else to make this elopement more memorable.
The intensity of their gaze, their hands ever in search of each other, their open and happy smiles, gave us the happy impression that comes with the truest love stories. We were there to work, but suddenly we all felt part of something more, something special and unique.
If their magic were to end, I would say that shot was the polaroid of a special day.—Serena Genovese, photographer
Photographer: Serena Genovese
Wedding planner: Un giorno su misura
Floral designer: Pretty flowers Fioreria san Rocco
Location: La Serra di Sara
Cake designer: Cakestudio
Jewels: My golden age
Crowns: Archie and Me
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 8 wedding leather jacket looks that are the perfect level of drama
- 5 effortless ways to bring sophistication to your LGBTQ+ wedding decor
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration