JJ + Alex: Unique Pride Week wedding in downtown Los Angeles
JJ and Alex designed their wedding to celebrate their queer experience of love and partnership. “It didn’t feel like the traditional ceremonies accurately depicted our personal queer experiences or the color of our lives,” the couple told Equally Wed. So they invented their own traditions. In collaboration with Priyan Chandraratna of Alfred House Productions, the couple created a Pride Week wedding that was distinct, colorful and full of joy.
Set in downtown LA, the ceremony featured queer glamor, customized augmented reality features, extensive drag queen performances and a full Pride store. Instead of the traditional flower arrangements, they opted for bouquets of bright tropical leaves. Mexican churros replaced the traditional cake. Each marrier wore exquisite suits in forest green and pearl white.
To other LGBTQ+ couples, they advise: “Figure out the ‘rules.’ Then figure out how to break them. Make your own!”
Photographer: Sarah Block Photography
Florist Company: Alfred House Productions
Planner: Alfred House Productions
DJ: Flip Collective
Catering: Huntington Catering
Photo Booth: Brass Street Photo
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts