JJ + Alex: Unique Pride Week wedding in downtown Los Angeles
JJ and Alex designed their wedding to celebrate their queer experience of love and partnership. “It didn’t feel like the traditional ceremonies accurately depicted our personal queer experiences or the color of our lives,” the couple told Equally Wed. So they invented their own traditions. In collaboration with Priyan Chandraratna of Alfred House Productions, the couple created a Pride Week wedding that was distinct, colorful and full of joy.
Set in downtown LA, the ceremony featured queer glamor, customized augmented reality features, extensive drag queen performances and a full Pride store. Instead of the traditional flower arrangements, they opted for bouquets of bright tropical leaves. Mexican churros replaced the traditional cake. Each marrier wore exquisite suits in forest green and pearl white.
To other LGBTQ+ couples, they advise: “Figure out the ‘rules.’ Then figure out how to break them. Make your own!”
Photographer: Sarah Block Photography
Florist Company: Alfred House Productions
Planner: Alfred House Productions
DJ: Flip Collective
Catering: Huntington Catering
Photo Booth: Brass Street Photo
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Elegant outdoor wedding in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for two expats
- Remembering The Day: How To Make Wedding Magic Last A Lifetime
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches