Kody + Jared: Timeless rainbow wedding in Asheville, North Carolina
Kody and Jared infused their timeless ceremony with pride. Their rainbow wedding celebrated love in all the details. Their wedding party dressed in elegant forest green, and, for a classic touch, they rode to the reception in a converted trolley. Under black, Vera Wang attire, both men sported pride socks. The couple cut their elegant white cake to reveal colorful layers. Kody and Jared’s rainbow wedding married a classic style with pride and color. It was “timeless with a touch of rainbow,” they told Equally Wed.
The couple married in Asheville, North Carolina, where Kody proposed to Jared two and a half years ago. They said their vows at First Congregational United Church of Christ. Both men walked down the aisle, Kody with his mother, Jared with his cousins. The couple invited all of their immediate family, but of their four parents, only Kody’s mother accepted the invitation. “Our friends truly became our family and acted as a serious support system for us,” the couple told Equally Wed.
The two grooms advise other LGBTQ+ couples to “keep your wedding simple. Invite those who mean the most to you.”
Photographer: Marszalik Photography
Wedding Ceremony Venue: First Congregational United Church of Christ
Wedding Reception Venue: The Century Room at Pack’s Tavern
DJ : Eric Everett
Attendant Attire: Azazie
Attire: Vera Wang
Cake Designers: 50/Fifty: The Art of Dessert
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor