Laid back DIY country wedding in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Kate and Laura’s September wedding in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, had a very laid back feel. The couple had several bonfires, fireworks and as they described it, “country bumpkin vibes.” Their wedding was extremely DIY—Laura and her friend Alison even made Laura’s dress themselves with months of work and preparation. They opted to do their own flowers and used a Spotify playlist instead of a DJ. They got married two years after Kate proposed in the middle of the road on a very snowy evening.
Do you have any advice for engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Take your time, don’t rush into things. We’ve been together for seven years and this has taught us to take our time and make sure we are both comfortable making life changes together. Be patient and great things will happen!
Photographer: Mario Asido and Bethany Allen
Ceremony Venue: Big Bras d’Or, Cape Breton
Reception Venue: Private residence in Big Bras d’Or, Cape Breton
Ring: The Devil’s Workshop
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset