Laid back DIY country wedding in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Kate and Laura’s September wedding in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, had a very laid back feel. The couple had several bonfires, fireworks and as they described it, “country bumpkin vibes.” Their wedding was extremely DIY—Laura and her friend Alison even made Laura’s dress themselves with months of work and preparation. They opted to do their own flowers and used a Spotify playlist instead of a DJ. They got married two years after Kate proposed in the middle of the road on a very snowy evening.
Do you have any advice for engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Take your time, don’t rush into things. We’ve been together for seven years and this has taught us to take our time and make sure we are both comfortable making life changes together. Be patient and great things will happen!
Photographer: Mario Asido and Bethany Allen
Ceremony Venue: Big Bras d’Or, Cape Breton
Reception Venue: Private residence in Big Bras d’Or, Cape Breton
Ring: The Devil’s Workshop
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Parents magazine has its first cover with gay parents, and conservatives are mad
- Winter wedding décor elements to bring the season to life
- I never came out to my grandmother, and then her funeral came
- Fall mountain wedding in Aspen, Colorado
- 6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding