Laid back DIY country wedding in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Kate and Laura’s September wedding in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, had a very laid back feel. The couple had several bonfires, fireworks and as they described it, “country bumpkin vibes.” Their wedding was extremely DIY—Laura and her friend Alison even made Laura’s dress themselves with months of work and preparation. They opted to do their own flowers and used a Spotify playlist instead of a DJ. They got married two years after Kate proposed in the middle of the road on a very snowy evening.
Do you have any advice for engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Take your time, don’t rush into things. We’ve been together for seven years and this has taught us to take our time and make sure we are both comfortable making life changes together. Be patient and great things will happen!
Photographer: Mario Asido and Bethany Allen
Ceremony Venue: Big Bras d’Or, Cape Breton
Reception Venue: Private residence in Big Bras d’Or, Cape Breton
Ring: The Devil’s Workshop
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
- These wedding capes are the best way to be extra when you get married
- Classic purple vintage wedding in Towson, Maryland
- U.S. soccer stars Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris are now engaged
- Modern intimate destination wedding with Hawaiian traditions