Laid-back, rustic Abbey elopement with flower crown and blue suit
Alice and Eszter’s laid back, rustic elopement took place at the gorgeous Kirkstall Abbey in the UK and utilized blue and ivory colors. The couple’s pooch, Hazel, also got to take part in the festivities.
Eszter proposed to Alice in front of a waterfall on the couple’s 1-year anniversary, though she knew she wanted to marry Alice after only a few months.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Make the effort to seek out LGBTQ+ vendors or at least visibly LGBTQ+ friendly ones. Support your local community.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
More inclusivity, more visible support. If you’re an ally, be loud about it. Use more images of LGBTQ+ couples to advertise and share creative ideas aimed at folks outside of the binary gender roles.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
To find affordable vendors that were proud to be allies and not just capitalise on LGBTQ inclusivity.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Our photographer, Jo. She was not our original photographer but she made us feel very comfortable. It was great, very laid back and fun!
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Joanne Lawrence Photography
Venue: Kirkstall Abbey
Florals: Ever Fairy
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights