Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
Along with a few DIY touches, Jerica and Hannah wanted to create a minimalistic look for their August wedding in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. In addition to the endless joy and dancing, the evening included a floral-adorned cake with a custom cake topper, koozie party favors, and a sparkler send off. To make it extra personal, the couple had a friend officiate the ceremony. They danced their first dance to “One Great Mystery” by Lady A.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t stress about the details because they will fall into place. Just enjoy everything leading up to it together.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Be sure to differentiate any paperwork or communication to the couples out of respect.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The challenges that we faced was remembering to not let judgement of others take away from the beauty of our love for one another and the special day that we planned together.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We were pleasantly surprised by all of the support and respect from each of our vendors being that we live in a small town in the south.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Just Be PhotoJennic
Venue: The Oaks Wedding & Event Center
Florist: Especially For You Floral
Invitation Designer: Zazzle
Attire: Allure Romance from Ashley Renee Bridal; Vinci Suits from Tuxedos to Geaux
Jewelry: Kay Jewelers
Attendant Attire: Tuxedos to Geaux; Ashley Renee Bridal
Videographer: Music Source Media
Cake: The Cocoa Bean Bakery & Cafe
Hair & Makeup: Artistry By Ashton
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms