Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
Along with a few DIY touches, Jerica and Hannah wanted to create a minimalistic look for their August wedding in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. In addition to the endless joy and dancing, the evening included a floral-adorned cake with a custom cake topper, koozie party favors, and a sparkler send off. To make it extra personal, the couple had a friend officiate the ceremony. They danced their first dance to “One Great Mystery” by Lady A.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t stress about the details because they will fall into place. Just enjoy everything leading up to it together.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Be sure to differentiate any paperwork or communication to the couples out of respect.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The challenges that we faced was remembering to not let judgement of others take away from the beauty of our love for one another and the special day that we planned together.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We were pleasantly surprised by all of the support and respect from each of our vendors being that we live in a small town in the south.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Just Be PhotoJennic
Florist: Especially For You Floral
Invitation Designer: Zazzle
Jewelry: Kay Jewelers
Videographer: Music Source Media
Hair & Makeup: Artistry By Ashton
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle