Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
Along with a few DIY touches, Jerica and Hannah wanted to create a minimalistic look for their August wedding in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. In addition to the endless joy and dancing, the evening included a floral-adorned cake with a custom cake topper, koozie party favors, and a sparkler send off. To make it extra personal, the couple had a friend officiate the ceremony. They danced their first dance to “One Great Mystery” by Lady A.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t stress about the details because they will fall into place. Just enjoy everything leading up to it together.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Be sure to differentiate any paperwork or communication to the couples out of respect.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The challenges that we faced was remembering to not let judgement of others take away from the beauty of our love for one another and the special day that we planned together.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We were pleasantly surprised by all of the support and respect from each of our vendors being that we live in a small town in the south.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Just Be PhotoJennic
Florist: Especially For You Floral
Invitation Designer: Zazzle
Jewelry: Kay Jewelers
Videographer: Music Source Media
Hair & Makeup: Artistry By Ashton
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding