Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
Along with a few DIY touches, Jerica and Hannah wanted to create a minimalistic look for their August wedding in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. In addition to the endless joy and dancing, the evening included a floral-adorned cake with a custom cake topper, koozie party favors, and a sparkler send off. To make it extra personal, the couple had a friend officiate the ceremony. They danced their first dance to “One Great Mystery” by Lady A.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t stress about the details because they will fall into place. Just enjoy everything leading up to it together.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Be sure to differentiate any paperwork or communication to the couples out of respect.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The challenges that we faced was remembering to not let judgement of others take away from the beauty of our love for one another and the special day that we planned together.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We were pleasantly surprised by all of the support and respect from each of our vendors being that we live in a small town in the south.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Just Be PhotoJennic
Florist: Especially For You Floral
Invitation Designer: Zazzle
Jewelry: Kay Jewelers
Videographer: Music Source Media
Hair & Makeup: Artistry By Ashton
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples