Zaid and Bob celebrated their wedding ceremony in a Kansas City chapel, exchanging vows in front of a gorgeous stained glass window. The marriers shed happy tears during the ceremony. Bob and Zaid wore matching navy suits, salmon colored ties and pocket squares. Guests headed to the fiesta-inspired reception which was marked with the newlyweds’ names in big letters on the marquee.
The venue was decorated with string lights and traditional Mexican pennants. Guests enjoyed a variety of dishes including Mexican street food from a truck outside to a homemade wedding cake and several cookies and other sweets.
Bob and Zaid were confident they would get married SOMEDAY, but with Zaid in the US on a temporary visa from Mexico (and with our current president being as he is), they decided to fast track the wedding plans to ensure that Zaid would have no threats of being asked to leave (#thankyoudonaldtrump). Their intimate ceremony was in a darling stone, vine-covered chapel and their reception was nothing short of a full-blown fiesta (think taco trucks and a tres leches cake made by the grooms themselves). You can’t help but to smile seeing these two celebrate their unique story and their special love.
From the photographer, Jessica Roark
Invitation designer: Minted
Bar services: PM Bartending
DJ: Platinum KC
Tuxedo and attire: H&M
Planning: The Vow Exchange
Ceremony Location: The Pilgrim Chapel
Reception venue: Armour Loft Event Space
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day