Zaid and Bob celebrated their wedding ceremony in a Kansas City chapel, exchanging vows in front of a gorgeous stained glass window. The marriers shed happy tears during the ceremony. Bob and Zaid wore matching navy suits, salmon colored ties and pocket squares. Guests headed to the fiesta-inspired reception which was marked with the newlyweds’ names in big letters on the marquee.
The venue was decorated with string lights and traditional Mexican pennants. Guests enjoyed a variety of dishes including Mexican street food from a truck outside to a homemade wedding cake and several cookies and other sweets.
Bob and Zaid were confident they would get married SOMEDAY, but with Zaid in the US on a temporary visa from Mexico (and with our current president being as he is), they decided to fast track the wedding plans to ensure that Zaid would have no threats of being asked to leave (#thankyoudonaldtrump). Their intimate ceremony was in a darling stone, vine-covered chapel and their reception was nothing short of a full-blown fiesta (think taco trucks and a tres leches cake made by the grooms themselves). You can’t help but to smile seeing these two celebrate their unique story and their special love.
From the photographer, Jessica Roark
Invitation designer: Minted
Bar services: PM Bartending
DJ: Platinum KC
Tuxedo and attire: H&M
Planning: The Vow Exchange
Ceremony Location: The Pilgrim Chapel
Reception venue: Armour Loft Event Space
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC