Zaid and Bob celebrated their wedding ceremony in a Kansas City chapel, exchanging vows in front of a gorgeous stained glass window. The marriers shed happy tears during the ceremony. Bob and Zaid wore matching navy suits, salmon colored ties and pocket squares. Guests headed to the fiesta-inspired reception which was marked with the newlyweds’ names in big letters on the marquee.
The venue was decorated with string lights and traditional Mexican pennants. Guests enjoyed a variety of dishes including Mexican street food from a truck outside to a homemade wedding cake and several cookies and other sweets.
Bob and Zaid were confident they would get married SOMEDAY, but with Zaid in the US on a temporary visa from Mexico (and with our current president being as he is), they decided to fast track the wedding plans to ensure that Zaid would have no threats of being asked to leave (#thankyoudonaldtrump). Their intimate ceremony was in a darling stone, vine-covered chapel and their reception was nothing short of a full-blown fiesta (think taco trucks and a tres leches cake made by the grooms themselves). You can’t help but to smile seeing these two celebrate their unique story and their special love.
From the photographer, Jessica Roark
Invitation designer: Minted
Bar services: PM Bartending
DJ: Platinum KC
Tuxedo and attire: H&M
Planning: The Vow Exchange
Ceremony Location: The Pilgrim Chapel
Reception venue: Armour Loft Event Space
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal