I knew that our upcoming trip to New Orleans would offer me a great chance to propose to Misty, the love of my life. After I made up my mind about proposing to Misty, I was lucky enough to connect with Project Proposal to plan my proposal (as we are currently living in Ohio). After speaking with Stacey Asaro, owner of Project Proposal, about my ideas, they were able to create more than I could ever imagine! We came up with a vintage music themed proposal that was unique and perfect.
On April 27 at a gorgeous private plantation home in New Orleans, Southern Oaks Plantation, I proposed to the love of my life. We entered the center of the walkway which was decorated with 12 hanging bouquets symbolizing our 12-year relationship. I took Misty by the hand and led her through the 12 bouquets to a large oak tree that magically lit up, revealing a magical vintage phonograph and other music-related items. Misty, being a music connoisseur, couldn’t resist saying, “yes,” which was accompanied by a magical display of fireworks to kick start our new lives together.
From the nearlywed, Christine
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York