I knew that our upcoming trip to New Orleans would offer me a great chance to propose to Misty, the love of my life. After I made up my mind about proposing to Misty, I was lucky enough to connect with Project Proposal to plan my proposal (as we are currently living in Ohio). After speaking with Stacey Asaro, owner of Project Proposal, about my ideas, they were able to create more than I could ever imagine! We came up with a vintage music themed proposal that was unique and perfect.
On April 27 at a gorgeous private plantation home in New Orleans, Southern Oaks Plantation, I proposed to the love of my life. We entered the center of the walkway which was decorated with 12 hanging bouquets symbolizing our 12-year relationship. I took Misty by the hand and led her through the 12 bouquets to a large oak tree that magically lit up, revealing a magical vintage phonograph and other music-related items. Misty, being a music connoisseur, couldn’t resist saying, “yes,” which was accompanied by a magical display of fireworks to kick start our new lives together.
From the nearlywed, Christine
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration