I knew that our upcoming trip to New Orleans would offer me a great chance to propose to Misty, the love of my life. After I made up my mind about proposing to Misty, I was lucky enough to connect with Project Proposal to plan my proposal (as we are currently living in Ohio). After speaking with Stacey Asaro, owner of Project Proposal, about my ideas, they were able to create more than I could ever imagine! We came up with a vintage music themed proposal that was unique and perfect.
On April 27 at a gorgeous private plantation home in New Orleans, Southern Oaks Plantation, I proposed to the love of my life. We entered the center of the walkway which was decorated with 12 hanging bouquets symbolizing our 12-year relationship. I took Misty by the hand and led her through the 12 bouquets to a large oak tree that magically lit up, revealing a magical vintage phonograph and other music-related items. Misty, being a music connoisseur, couldn’t resist saying, “yes,” which was accompanied by a magical display of fireworks to kick start our new lives together.
From the nearlywed, Christine
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how
- Colorful red and white engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Nominate a love champion