I knew that our upcoming trip to New Orleans would offer me a great chance to propose to Misty, the love of my life. After I made up my mind about proposing to Misty, I was lucky enough to connect with Project Proposal to plan my proposal (as we are currently living in Ohio). After speaking with Stacey Asaro, owner of Project Proposal, about my ideas, they were able to create more than I could ever imagine! We came up with a vintage music themed proposal that was unique and perfect.
On April 27 at a gorgeous private plantation home in New Orleans, Southern Oaks Plantation, I proposed to the love of my life. We entered the center of the walkway which was decorated with 12 hanging bouquets symbolizing our 12-year relationship. I took Misty by the hand and led her through the 12 bouquets to a large oak tree that magically lit up, revealing a magical vintage phonograph and other music-related items. Misty, being a music connoisseur, couldn’t resist saying, “yes,” which was accompanied by a magical display of fireworks to kick start our new lives together.
From the nearlywed, Christine
OUR PREFERRED PLATINUM VENDORS
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Jaw-dropping mountainside elopement in Canada’s Yoho National Park
- This wedding celebration brought a tropical paradise to Kansas City
- Romantic garden wedding inspiration with black and pink suits
- 5 themed wedding ideas we love
- Mystical elopement with caves, beach and waterfalls at Oregon’s Hug Point