I knew that our upcoming trip to New Orleans would offer me a great chance to propose to Misty, the love of my life. After I made up my mind about proposing to Misty, I was lucky enough to connect with Project Proposal to plan my proposal (as we are currently living in Ohio). After speaking with Stacey Asaro, owner of Project Proposal, about my ideas, they were able to create more than I could ever imagine! We came up with a vintage music themed proposal that was unique and perfect.
On April 27 at a gorgeous private plantation home in New Orleans, Southern Oaks Plantation, I proposed to the love of my life. We entered the center of the walkway which was decorated with 12 hanging bouquets symbolizing our 12-year relationship. I took Misty by the hand and led her through the 12 bouquets to a large oak tree that magically lit up, revealing a magical vintage phonograph and other music-related items. Misty, being a music connoisseur, couldn’t resist saying, “yes,” which was accompanied by a magical display of fireworks to kick start our new lives together.
From the nearlywed, Christine
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
- This transgender love story just won the audience choice award at CIFF