OkCupid success story wedding in Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn OkCupid success story wedding
Jennie and Andria met on OkCupid and the rest was history. Their first date and their wedding both took place in Brooklyn, New York. After taking time to enjoy their engagement, the couple planned their wedding exactly how they wanted it to be, doing what made them happy and focusing on what was important to them as a couple. For example, instead of giving out favors, they made a donation in their guests’ honor to The Trevor Project.
In lieu of a guest book, Jennie and Andria asked that guests write down date ideas for them to go on, writing more expensive dates on darker paper. Guests danced the night away and sipped on signature cocktails including a Ketel One Martini, Bulleit Rye Old Fashioned and Fireball Mimosa.
From the photographer, Kristin Reimer:
Jennie and Andria are an OKCupid success story. They had their first date on July 9, 2012. Andria was three hours late due to unforeseen work circumstances, but Jennie, a busy career woman herself, understood, and waited at a nearby bar. They had their first date at a romantically lit gastropub called Brickyard. Jennie ordered an Espresso Martini and Andria ordered an Old Fashioned. Jennie says it was during their first conversation, sitting at a high-top table by the window, that she fell in love with Andria. Andria, on the other hand, needed some convincing. By October of 2014, the couple moved into a beautiful Upper East Side apartment together, with their cat, Jasmine. Shortly after that, it was Andria’s turn to bamboozle Jennie by presenting her with an engagement ring the night before Thanksgiving.
They spent about a year simply enjoying their engagement, before diving headfirst into wedding planning. Once they decided on their venue, 26 Bridge, in Dumbo Brooklyn, the rest of the details slowly fell into place. On October 1, 2016, they got married and celebrated with their friends and family in a casual and fun reception full of free flowing shots and dancing ’til their feet bruised.
It was, for both of them, the best party of their lives. Some advice they would give to other couples planning their own weddings would be to really take the time to think about what kind of wedding you, as a couple want, and don’t worry about trying to make anyone else happy. It can get overwhelming to take everyone else’s opinions to heart and try to accommodate other people’s wishes. Stay true to what you want because this is your day to celebrate the love you’ve found in each other. When it’s all said and done, you’re getting married to your soul mate, and that’s what matters most. Details like where people sit or what entrees you pick won’t make or break that.
Reception Venue: 26 Bridge
Tuxedo and Men’s Attire: David’s Bridal
Tuxedo and Men’s Attire: J Crew
Dress Store: Maiden Voyage Bridal
Caterer: Naturally Delicious
Event Designer: Pierce Productions
Shoes: Stubbs & Wootton
Invitation Designer: Vera Wang
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Bindle & Keep
Calligrapher: Calligraphy Concepts
Jewelry: Fabricant Jewelry
Hair Stylist: Kristina Maccaro
Makeup Artist: Makeup by Stephanie Perez
Accomodations: The Dazzler
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC