The 86th Academy Awards were the talk of the town last night. And, every Monday after the Oscars, the hot topic becomes the dresses. “Who wore it best?” they ask. “So-and-so looked amazing in that Dior gown!” they gush. Well, we love dresses—and we love suits, too—and we’ve rounded up some of our favorite looks from last night. We’re predicting that the 2014 wedding season will recall the gorgeous details from this star-studded night.
These portraits are especially unique, because Vanity Fair teamed up with Instagram to capture a behind-the-scenes look like no other. Vanity Fair contributing photographer Mark Seliger captured these intimate, sometimes hilarious and always unique images of the stars throughout the evening. Don’t Ellen and Portia look great?
While the outfits are all beautiful and incredibly wedding-worthy, another unique thing about these images is the setup. The images are staged in the style of a photo booth, sans the usual suspects of kitschy props and poses. It’s something to think about for your wedding: maybe a clean, sophisticated “photo booth” area in a quiet corner, with just a chair or a table. There are lots of possibilities, and Vanity Fair’s Mark Seliger impressed with his stellar job with the Oscars!
Photos: Mark Seliger for Vanity Fair
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot