The 86th Academy Awards were the talk of the town last night. And, every Monday after the Oscars, the hot topic becomes the dresses. “Who wore it best?” they ask. “So-and-so looked amazing in that Dior gown!” they gush. Well, we love dresses—and we love suits, too—and we’ve rounded up some of our favorite looks from last night. We’re predicting that the 2014 wedding season will recall the gorgeous details from this star-studded night.
These portraits are especially unique, because Vanity Fair teamed up with Instagram to capture a behind-the-scenes look like no other. Vanity Fair contributing photographer Mark Seliger captured these intimate, sometimes hilarious and always unique images of the stars throughout the evening. Don’t Ellen and Portia look great?
While the outfits are all beautiful and incredibly wedding-worthy, another unique thing about these images is the setup. The images are staged in the style of a photo booth, sans the usual suspects of kitschy props and poses. It’s something to think about for your wedding: maybe a clean, sophisticated “photo booth” area in a quiet corner, with just a chair or a table. There are lots of possibilities, and Vanity Fair’s Mark Seliger impressed with his stellar job with the Oscars!
Photos: Mark Seliger for Vanity Fair
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding