Victoria + Emily: Two proposals in a Toronto snowstorm
Emily and Victoria proposed to one another 50 stories above the city of Toronto at the Panorama Lounge.
Emily and Victoria met while studying at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Victoria was in her final year, and Emily in her first, when Victoria hired Emily to be her theatre manager on a musical production she was producing. By the time the show had finished, they both knew that there was something very special in the air. On their six-year anniversary of dating, they proposed to one another 50 stories above the city of Toronto at the Panorama Lounge (where they had first professed their love for one another) and they both enthusiastically said yes!
From Victoria and Emily:
Custom rings had been hand-created in advance, and the location was chosen as the place where, years ago, we had both told each other that we were in love with one another. While the snowstorm was unpredicted, it made everything that much more romantic and special! We both got down on one knee to propose separately, and celebrated with champagne.
We’re now excitingly planning for our “I dos” to take place in late 2015 in Muskoka, Ontario, and are truly blessed and ecstatic to spend the rest of our lives with one another—we are each other’s best friend, soul mate and true love!
Photos: Michael Fergusson Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee