Victoria + Emily: Two proposals in a Toronto snowstorm
Emily and Victoria proposed to one another 50 stories above the city of Toronto at the Panorama Lounge.
Emily and Victoria met while studying at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Victoria was in her final year, and Emily in her first, when Victoria hired Emily to be her theatre manager on a musical production she was producing. By the time the show had finished, they both knew that there was something very special in the air. On their six-year anniversary of dating, they proposed to one another 50 stories above the city of Toronto at the Panorama Lounge (where they had first professed their love for one another) and they both enthusiastically said yes!
From Victoria and Emily:
Custom rings had been hand-created in advance, and the location was chosen as the place where, years ago, we had both told each other that we were in love with one another. While the snowstorm was unpredicted, it made everything that much more romantic and special! We both got down on one knee to propose separately, and celebrated with champagne.
We’re now excitingly planning for our “I dos” to take place in late 2015 in Muskoka, Ontario, and are truly blessed and ecstatic to spend the rest of our lives with one another—we are each other’s best friend, soul mate and true love!
Photos: Michael Fergusson Photography
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married