Victoria + Emily: Two proposals in a Toronto snowstorm
Emily and Victoria proposed to one another 50 stories above the city of Toronto at the Panorama Lounge.
Emily and Victoria met while studying at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Victoria was in her final year, and Emily in her first, when Victoria hired Emily to be her theatre manager on a musical production she was producing. By the time the show had finished, they both knew that there was something very special in the air. On their six-year anniversary of dating, they proposed to one another 50 stories above the city of Toronto at the Panorama Lounge (where they had first professed their love for one another) and they both enthusiastically said yes!
From Victoria and Emily:
Custom rings had been hand-created in advance, and the location was chosen as the place where, years ago, we had both told each other that we were in love with one another. While the snowstorm was unpredicted, it made everything that much more romantic and special! We both got down on one knee to propose separately, and celebrated with champagne.
We’re now excitingly planning for our “I dos” to take place in late 2015 in Muskoka, Ontario, and are truly blessed and ecstatic to spend the rest of our lives with one another—we are each other’s best friend, soul mate and true love!
Photos: Michael Fergusson Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lena Waithe and Alana Mayo got married in San Francisco
- What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
- Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
- Romantic, industrial fall wedding with Indian cultural touches
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged