A Tuxedo for the Ladies by After Six
Saying no to the dress: After Six Tuxedo just announced the introduction of its first women’s tuxedo for the fall 2014 bridal season.
Let’s be real—not all women want to wear a white dress (or any dress, for that matter) when they get married. In fact, over the past five years, the bespoke suit and tuxedo industry has gained a following, as women who prefer a dash of masculinity in their wardrobe become more involved in actively seeking menswear-inspired pieces that are wedding-appropriate.
Well, ladies, if you’ve been looking for the perfect tuxedo, you’re in luck. After Six Tuxedo, now owned and operated by the Dessy Group, just announced the introduction of its first women’s tuxedo for the fall 2014 bridal season. These tuxedos will be available starting April 1 on Dessy.com.
The Marlowe tuxedo is made from luxurious stretch wool that’s imported from Lanificio Di Tollegno, one of the oldest mills in Italy. The two-piece tuxedo is a traditional style reimaged for women and redefined with updated elements. The fitted tuxedo jacket features a satin peak lapel, single satin covered button fastening, two satin trimmed welt pockets, a welt breast pocket and single back vent. The classic tuxedo pant is slim filt with a satin stripe along each leg, side slash pockets and a satin waistband. The pant sits slightly below the waist and has a 32 1/4” inseam, to allow for alterations.
“Since we acquired the After Six Tuxedo, we have had quite a lot of feedback indicating a demand for a women’s tux,” states Alan Dessy, CEO of the Dessy Group and After Six. “The brand has always been known as a defining staple of the tuxedo industry, Dessy Group is a top resource in bridal, so it made perfect sense for us to leverage our experience in women’s formalwear and develop this new tuxedo style.”
Jacket and trouser sizing ranges from 0 -18W, are sold separately and retail for $375 and $115, respectively. These tuxedos for women certainly aren’t to be missed out on, and come April 1st (just in time for the 2014 wedding season!), they’ll be available for purchase from Dessy.com. Don’t miss out on your chance to look fabulous in one of these After Six tuxedo jackets or trousers (or both) for your wedding this year.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lena Waithe and Alana Mayo got married in San Francisco
- What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
- Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
- Romantic, industrial fall wedding with Indian cultural touches
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged