The inspiration for putting together this shoot was to capture an outdoor microwedding in the era of this pandemic. We, as wedding industry professionals, wanted to give couples inspiration for the many ways to celebrate their love. The city of Brooklyn inspired us to create a boho meets urban chic vibe with a seasonal autumn color palette. Most of all, we were inspired by our couple, highlighting the celebration of love in all its forms.
Our couple has been together for quite some time and allowed us to lean into their personal style in all the elements of the shoot. Our planner, Marian Frances Weddings & Events, brought the entire vision to life by curating the unique, stylized elements that were a perfect fit for our backyard wedding vibe. Our photographer, Lucie B Photography, captured photos that are unique and fun, representing the couple for who they are. Our florist, Yellow Bow Florals, created florals inspired by warm autumn tones and that blended the boho chic and urban vibe into a fine art, fresh look. Our graphic artist, Chow Designs, created personalized signage for the couple’s signature drinks and guestbook that are forever a wedding keepsake.
The pandemic has had an impact on couples planning their weddings, but it doesn’t have to stop them from celebrating! We’ve seen a shift in the way our couples are approaching their weddings, focusing more on their love for each other and less on tradition. As wedding professionals, we have helped craft super personalized, intimate unions during these times, and this one was no exception. Micro weddings and minimonies can be just as distinctive and impactful as traditional weddings, with the added benefit of preserving the health and safety of the guests.
From the candid photos in the Brooklyn streets to the intimate ceremony and reception on the patio of a local restaurant, you can truly catch a glimpse into our couple’s love story. We believe love always wins and should be celebrated to the fullest for every couple.—Lauren Fernandez, Yellow Bow Florals
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Lucie B Photography
Planner: Marian Frances Weddings
Florist: Yellow Bow Florals
Ribbon and Textiles: Tono + Co
Graphic Design: Sarah Chow Designs
Invites and Table Numbers: Minted Weddings
Ring: Susie Saltzman
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples