Outdoor Portugal gay destination wedding
Jordan and Lee of the United Kingdom traveled with their family and friends to Portugal for a destination wedding. Under a lavish poolside tent the couple celebrated their ceremony with joy and laughter. Before Lee and Jordan walked down the aisle they were preceded by their flower girl, pageboy and groomsmaids. The marriers wore floral ties and pocket squares adding even more color with their pink boutonnieres.
Flowers added pops of color to more than just attire, showing up in the groomsmaids’ bouquets, reception centerpieces and decoration on the couple’s naked wedding cake. The newlyweds shared their first dance to the song “Over and Over” by Nathan Sykes and Ariana Grande.
“We wanted to create a happy and relaxed feel to the day, celebrating with all our closest family and friends. We also wanted to make sure every guest felt part of our special day. We created a video and played it on an HD projector including videos/photos of special memories of all the guests at the wedding.”
From the couple, Lee and Jordan
“Lee and Jordan’s wedding was a relaxed, intimate gathering of close friends and family overlooking the beach from the Star Dome at Muthu Clube, Praia da Oura in Portugal.
The ceremony was one of the happiest events I have attended. There was so much love and good feeling in the room, tears of joy and laughter. These guys have a great sense of humour and lust for life and it absolutely shone through in their photos.
It was a real privilege to be asked to travel with them to Portugal to capture this most special of days – I am so happy I got to play a small part in it!”
From the photographer, Rob Dodsworth
Photography: Rob Dodsworth Photography
Wedding venue: Oura View
Florist: Oura Flores, Albufeira
Planner: Dream Day Wedding Planner
Entertainment: Duarte Prazeres Artist Manager
Music: DjDhanny of DuartePrazeres
Attire: Top Man
Groomsmaid attire: Kelly Dress
Flower girl attire: River Island
Pageboy attire: Next
Catering: Muthu Grand Oura View Beach Club, Praia da Oura
Cake: Benedita Dias
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank