Outdoor winter wedding ideas with sustainable elements
This photo shoot features real-life couple Laura and Risa eloping in a winter wonderland on Oregon’s Mount Hood.
“I wanted to hone in on the textures, colors, and materials of the PNW,” writes florist Katie Walten of Blooms & Twine Floral. “Everything I used, even all of the blooms, came locally from incredible small businesses and farms.”
The vendors, many of whom were LGBTQ+, utilized natural, re-purposed, ethically-sourced items, including ethical diamonds from MiaDonna Diamond and gowns from Brides for a Cause , which donates to charity with the sale of their dresses.
The temperature fell to the 20s on the day of the shoot, but these stunning photos show that a little cold can’t stop love and romance from shining.
Walten says of the couple, “They’re a beautiful pair that have more love between them than any I’ve ever seen!”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Lauren Miles
Flowers, Coordination, Styling: Blooms & Twine Floral.
Hair and Makeup: Lisa Boehm Beauty
Invitations and Calligraphy: Everglow Handmade
Rings: MiaDonna Diamond
Baked Delights: Mama’s Artisan Sweets
Gowns: Brides for a Cause
Garland Creation: Pacific Garland
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Breathtaking anniversary photo session in the Arizona desert
- Utah Supreme Court rules trans people can change name, gender on birth certificates
- Vote for the best LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding and event pros in the 2021 Equally Wed Awards
- Beekman 1802 farm to host Pride Month wedding marathon
- A North Carolina proposal filled with sunflowers