Garden chic wedding with all-woman vendor team
After getting engaged on the Mississippi River in New Orleans, Dawn and Candy decided to throw the perfect garden chic wedding. Their main goal, they write, was “to let love permeate every nook & cranny of every space and heart.”
Their April celebration took place in their hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina. They ensured the space was filled with trees and other greenery, like grasses and succulents. They also wanted to support women-owned businesses and so hired an all-female team of vendors.
“The day was perfect!” they write. “Guests enjoyed an intentional and organic exchange of vows and promises and then partied the night away!”
Who walked down the aisle and with whom?
Dawn “prepared the aisle” for Candy by scattering rose petals for Candy’s walk down the aisle. She then anxiously and tearfully waited.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Hire a professional wedding planner! Throughout the planning process, don’t forget the reason you are here in the first place. Always let love lead the way.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Please add that you are LGBTQIA+ friendly on your website so that we can forego that opening question in the preliminary discussions.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The biggest challenge, especially living in the Bible Belt, was making sure we found vendors/suppliers that were LGBTQIA+ friendly.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
People/companies are starting to care less whether you are LGBTQIA+ or not.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Shaw Photography Group
Venue: Noah’s Event Venue
Florist: Xpression’s Floral & Event Design
Planner: Emore’ Campbell Events
DJ: DJ Kelly Kelz
Invitation Designer: Cricket Printing
Attire for Partner 1: Custom vest & slacks from Bruce Julian Clothier
Attire for Partner 2: Rose Gold A-line Wedding Gown from David’s Bridal by Designer Oleg Cassini
Videographer: S. Stephens Productions
Caterer: An Affair To Remember
Cake Designer: Sweet It Is
Officiant: Jennifer Nicholaisen of How to Human Better
Bridal Party Makeup Artist: Whitney Elise Beauty
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot