Sunny mountaintop engagement session after board game proposal
Madelyn and Naomi met in a study abroad orientation while attending St. Olaf College in Minnesota. Madelyn was headed to England and Naomi to Australia, but their far apart destinations couldn’t stop the spark they felt that evening, one that eventually carried them into a lifetime of love.
The Double Proposal
The couple decided they would each propose to the other and also shopped for their engagement rings together. Still, each kept it a secret when she would actually pop the question.
With the help of wedding planning company Woodland Events, the couple used their love of board games and puzzles to propose. Naomi went first by planning one of their favorite games to end with Madelyn winning and Naomi on one knee.
Months later, while on a trip to Maine, Madelyn proposed back by sending Naomi on a scavenger hunt that involved several small jigsaw puzzles with pictures of the two of them and love poems giving clues about the next location. The scavenger hunt ended with Madelyn proposing on a dock beside the ocean.
“The two are palpably in love,” says photographer, Eli Holmes of Seas Mtns Co, who shot their engagement photo session on a New Hampshire mountaintop.
“Working with them was pure bliss. As they smiled before they kissed, anxiously anticipated being closer, you could feel the love between them and feel consumed with joy.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Eli Holmes, Seas Mtns Co
Planner: Woodland Events
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles
- Basketball-themed golden hour engagement session in Calgary
- Winter elopement inspiration on a frozen Canadian lake
- Tropical themed wedding with splashes of disco and Hollywood glamour
- Why LGBTQ+ couples should rent from Generation Tux
- Two grooms try Generation Tux for winter wedding inspiration in Atlanta
- Springtime English barn wedding at a vineyard on a hill
- Weekend-long summer camp wedding with alpacas, food trucks, and water activities
- Wedding photographer seeking right to turn away LGBTQ+ couples loses lawsuit
- Breathtaking Santorini proposal with rose petals and a heart made of candles