Sunny mountaintop engagement session after board game proposal
Madelyn and Naomi met in a study abroad orientation while attending St. Olaf College in Minnesota. Madelyn was headed to England and Naomi to Australia, but their far apart destinations couldn’t stop the spark they felt that evening, one that eventually carried them into a lifetime of love.
The Double Proposal
The couple decided they would each propose to the other and also shopped for their engagement rings together. Still, each kept it a secret when she would actually pop the question.
With the help of wedding planning company Woodland Events, the couple used their love of board games and puzzles to propose. Naomi went first by planning one of their favorite games to end with Madelyn winning and Naomi on one knee.
Months later, while on a trip to Maine, Madelyn proposed back by sending Naomi on a scavenger hunt that involved several small jigsaw puzzles with pictures of the two of them and love poems giving clues about the next location. The scavenger hunt ended with Madelyn proposing on a dock beside the ocean.
“The two are palpably in love,” says photographer, Eli Holmes of Seas Mtns Co, who shot their engagement photo session on a New Hampshire mountaintop.
“Working with them was pure bliss. As they smiled before they kissed, anxiously anticipated being closer, you could feel the love between them and feel consumed with joy.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Eli Holmes, Seas Mtns Co
Planner: Woodland Events
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL