Sunny mountaintop engagement session after board game proposal
Madelyn and Naomi met in a study abroad orientation while attending St. Olaf College in Minnesota. Madelyn was headed to England and Naomi to Australia, but their far apart destinations couldn’t stop the spark they felt that evening, one that eventually carried them into a lifetime of love.
The Double Proposal
The couple decided they would each propose to the other and also shopped for their engagement rings together. Still, each kept it a secret when she would actually pop the question.
With the help of wedding planning company Woodland Events, the couple used their love of board games and puzzles to propose. Naomi went first by planning one of their favorite games to end with Madelyn winning and Naomi on one knee.
Months later, while on a trip to Maine, Madelyn proposed back by sending Naomi on a scavenger hunt that involved several small jigsaw puzzles with pictures of the two of them and love poems giving clues about the next location. The scavenger hunt ended with Madelyn proposing on a dock beside the ocean.
“The two are palpably in love,” says photographer, Eli Holmes of Seas Mtns Co, who shot their engagement photo session on a New Hampshire mountaintop.
“Working with them was pure bliss. As they smiled before they kissed, anxiously anticipated being closer, you could feel the love between them and feel consumed with joy.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Eli Holmes, Seas Mtns Co
Planner: Woodland Events
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot