Pimple Panic: How to Zap Wedding Day Blemishes
By Ryan Roschke
It shouldn’t come as a surprise if your skin goes a little crazy leading up to your wedding day. But what can a guy do? Makeup is obviously an option, but not the most desirable solution, especially for irritated skin that isn’t used to it. Whether you have days, hours or even minutes, there’s always something you can do to literally “save face.”
THE DAY BEFORE
If you happen to catch the little monsters the night before, you can make a little paste with a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and some honey. Load up the trouble spots overnight and consider your problem vaporized. If you don’t have cinnamon handy, a little honey plus a Band-Aid might do the trick.
AN HOUR TO SPARE?
The real emergencies will, of course, happen the morning of. If you have a couple hours until go time, apply a little lemon juice to dry out and minimize. Make sure to wash this one off before going outside though, as lemon juice can make your skin sensitive to the sun!
LAST MINUTE TOUCH-UPS
Maybe you’re running late, and things are getting down to the wire. While there isn’t a whole lot you can do to minimize a pimple in under an hour, we have a few suggestions. Slice off the top of a strawberry, rub it on problem areas, and wash after 20-30 minutes. In some cases, a dab of plain white toothpaste will do the trick. Oh, and never underestimate the power of a hot shower!
Photo: Brandon Heyer/Flickr
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot