Pittsburgh engagement session after a grocery store meet cute
Mariah and Alyssa’s story began in the Mexican food aisle at the grocery store.
“I noticed her first, and I immediately thought she was attractive,” Mariah says. “I kept looking away every time she looked my way, hoping she wouldn’t catch me checking her out. But then our eyes locked, and Alyssa started flirting. She was funny, too, and I’m a sucker for someone who can make me laugh.”
The pair exchanged numbers and soon began a whirlwind romance.
“I have never been so drawn to someone or something in my whole life,” Mariah says. “I felt like I just had to have her, as if I immediately knew she was it for me. Our chemistry was undeniable after our first date. We just couldn’t get enough of each other.”
About a year later, Alyssa proposed at Pennsylvania’s Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
“I feel so blessed to have the love we share, the endless laughter,” Mariah says. “Love is priceless, and I couldn’t imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. I’m forever in love with my best friend.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Megan Snell – Bean Tree Studio Photography
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Breathtaking anniversary photo session in the Arizona desert
- Utah Supreme Court rules trans people can change name, gender on birth certificates
- Vote for the best LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding and event pros in the 2021 Equally Wed Awards
- Beekman 1802 farm to host Pride Month wedding marathon
- A North Carolina proposal filled with sunflowers