P!nk inspired colorful engagement session with body paint
Brittany and I met about three years ago when my brother worked with her at an AT&T store. One of my good friends needed a cell phone and my brother was supposed to work the day we were to go up and get my friend’s phone, but it turned out he didn’t work that day and asked Brittany to assist us.
There was an attraction right away and we became Facebook friends but several months went by until one day in May 2016, Brittany sent me a message. We began getting together, seeing movies, and she asked me if I’d like to be her girlfriend. Of course, I said yes!
I am an avid runner and Brittany supports me and goes with me as my cheerleader to my half marathons and marathons. After I ran my third half marathon in November 2016, I toyed with signing up for a full marathon that coming March and Brittany supported the idea and encouraged me to sign up, and I did nervously.
We traveled to Myrtle Beach, North Carolina, in March 2017 and I ran my first full marathon. Brittany met me at the finish line with hugs and assistance back to our hotel room. After I showered, she asked me to close my eyes and when she told me to open them, she was on one knee and told me she “realized” (which is a cute saying between us; I always ask, “When are you gonna realize?” meaning “When are you gonna realize I’m the one?”). She asked me to marry her and I said yes!
Our engagement photo session was inspired by my love for the singer P!nk and her music video for the song “Try.” We’d just seen P!nk perform at the beach in Atlantic City, and on our way home, we decided our photo session needed to capture the essence of one of our favorite songs. —Kellie, one half of the couple
Photographer: Most Exalted
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding
- Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
- Romantic hillside winery wedding
- Why this wedding shop is getting praise for its wheelchair window display
- These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day