“Prince & Knight” brings same-sex royal wedding dreams to life
While studies show that Britain might be ready for a same-sex royal wedding, we sadly won’t be seeing one on television any time soon. To tide us over until we can see an LGBTQ+ royal wedding join the ranks of Will and Kate and Harry and Meghan, we’ve found the perfect solution.
“Prince & Knight” brings all your royal wedding fantasies to life in the form of an illustrated fairy tale book. Written by Daniel Haack and delightfully illustrated by Stevie Lewis, the story follows a prince whose parents set out to find him a princess. No matter where they look, they can’t seem to find the girl for him.
“‘Thank you,’ he told his parents. ‘I appreciate that you tried, but I’m looking for something special in a partner by my side.'” writes Haack.
During their trip to find a princess a dragon threatens the royal family’s land. The soldiers flee and the prince rushes to save the kingdom. When he returns he is met by a knight in shining armor and the two defend the kingdom together as the prince finds what he’s been looking for all along.
“Prince & Knight” is described by School Library Journal as, “An illuminating fairy tale for young readers to be able to see that not every prince would like to marry a princess.”
The book is available on Amazon and wherever books are sold.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot