Karamo Brown, culture expert on the hit Netflix show “Queer Eye,” has proposed to his boyfriend of eight years, director Ian Jordan. The couple got engaged at Jordan’s surprise 40th birthday party at sbe’s HYDE Sunset in Los Angeles.
Surrounded by friends, family and the other members of the “Fab Five” Brown dropped to one knee as Jordan’s last birthday present.
Happy birthday to the love of my life @theianjordan! I love you because of your heart, your humor but mostly because you don’t mind serving #GlamourShots realness w/ me anytime I ask. 🤪 I pray today and this year brings you everything your heart desires. #HBD #40ish #TurnUp
A post shared by Karamo (@karamobrown) on
“I hope that we can conquer the world together for the rest of our lives,” Brown said between tears. “Ian Lamont Jordan, will you marry me?”
Jordan, of course, said yes, nodding through tears. Brown gave Jordan an engagement ring by David Yurman and both partners will be wearing one.
In addition to his sweet proposal Brown surprised Jordan with an emotional video of messages from loved ones sharing what makes Jordan special. The surprises did not stop there. After the video was over Jordan was surprised by his loved ones in person including his mother who had been flown in. Jordan will be marrying Brown who has two sons, ages 21 and 17.
Check out a video of Brown’s emotional proposal below. Congratulations to the happy couple who will no doubt have a fabulous wedding!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Romantic, artsy New York City wedding
- 10 fall weddings we love
- 6 wedding planning apps to try that are LGBTQ-friendly
- Rustic wedding in Columbus, Ohio
- Vintage travel inspired wedding in Monroe, Georgia
- Two women left “The Bachelor: Vietnam” for each other and are now a couple
- What it’s like planning a wedding after your mom dies
- Fall wedding with navy, green, and orange colors
- Elegant country club garden wedding
- 19 Harry Potter wedding ideas that are absolutely magical