Sandra and Kelly’s red, mint and burgundy spring wedding started with tequila shots in custom Kelly and Sandra shot glasses, complete with a slice of lime.
As the ceremony began, Kelly walked down the aisle with her mom and dad, while Sandra walked with her brother Tony. Kelly’s cousin’s wife officiated the wedding; it was important to the newlyweds to be married by someone they knew. The wedding rings were passed around for a ring warming ceremony that allowed guests to be involved with the nuptials.
At the reception, guests were given temporary tattoos that said “Love always wins.” Kelly and Sandra cut into a four-tier cake decorated in all white with simple designs and a few colorful flowers. The wedding day ended just as it began: with a treat. Auntie Anne’s pretzels were served at the end of the reception.
From Kelly: “During the ceremony, we did a ring warming. The rings were passed around and as people held our rings they gave us positive thoughts silently to wish us well on our journey. We tried to go for something more romantic and relaxed. It was important for us to make it fun for everyone who has supported us.”
Photographer: Lin and Jirsa
Venue: The Colony House
Florist: The Bloom of Time
Planner: Joanne Corpuz
Attire: Sharpe Suiting and Blush Bridal
Videographer: Made by Blink
Catering: 24 Carrots
Cake: Sweet and Saucy Shop
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot