Sandra and Kelly’s red, mint and burgundy spring wedding started with tequila shots in custom Kelly and Sandra shot glasses, complete with a slice of lime.
As the ceremony began, Kelly walked down the aisle with her mom and dad, while Sandra walked with her brother Tony. Kelly’s cousin’s wife officiated the wedding; it was important to the newlyweds to be married by someone they knew. The wedding rings were passed around for a ring warming ceremony that allowed guests to be involved with the nuptials.
At the reception, guests were given temporary tattoos that said “Love always wins.” Kelly and Sandra cut into a four-tier cake decorated in all white with simple designs and a few colorful flowers. The wedding day ended just as it began: with a treat. Auntie Anne’s pretzels were served at the end of the reception.
From Kelly: “During the ceremony, we did a ring warming. The rings were passed around and as people held our rings they gave us positive thoughts silently to wish us well on our journey. We tried to go for something more romantic and relaxed. It was important for us to make it fun for everyone who has supported us.”
Photographer: Lin and Jirsa
Venue: The Colony House
Florist: The Bloom of Time
Planner: Joanne Corpuz
Attire: Sharpe Suiting and Blush Bridal
Videographer: Made by Blink
Catering: 24 Carrots
Cake: Sweet and Saucy Shop
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day