Sandra and Kelly’s red, mint and burgundy spring wedding started with tequila shots in custom Kelly and Sandra shot glasses, complete with a slice of lime.
As the ceremony began, Kelly walked down the aisle with her mom and dad, while Sandra walked with her brother Tony. Kelly’s cousin’s wife officiated the wedding; it was important to the newlyweds to be married by someone they knew. The wedding rings were passed around for a ring warming ceremony that allowed guests to be involved with the nuptials.
At the reception, guests were given temporary tattoos that said “Love always wins.” Kelly and Sandra cut into a four-tier cake decorated in all white with simple designs and a few colorful flowers. The wedding day ended just as it began: with a treat. Auntie Anne’s pretzels were served at the end of the reception.
From Kelly: “During the ceremony, we did a ring warming. The rings were passed around and as people held our rings they gave us positive thoughts silently to wish us well on our journey. We tried to go for something more romantic and relaxed. It was important for us to make it fun for everyone who has supported us.”
Photographer: Lin and Jirsa
Venue: The Colony House
Florist: The Bloom of Time
Planner: Joanne Corpuz
Attire: Sharpe Suiting and Blush Bridal
Videographer: Made by Blink
Catering: 24 Carrots
Cake: Sweet and Saucy Shop
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal