Vogue Italy is making a statement by featuring same-sex couples kissing on the cover of their September issue. Three different covers will be available for purchase.
“Vogue Italia’s new editor-in-cheif, Emanuele Farneti, chose to show all kinds of love for next month’s issue by featuring real life couple, Edoardo Velicskov and Pablo Rousson on one cover, Lily Aldridge and Vittoria Ceretti on another, and a heterosexual kiss between Maria Carla Boscono and Federico Spinas on the last,” Pride.com announced.
Italy began recognizing same-sex unions in 2016 but has yet to acknowledge same-sex marriage. The country also does not permit people in same-sex civil unions to adopt their partner’s biological child.
The cover of Vogue will grace newstands everywhere, with a powerful visual statement of LGBTQ+ love.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot