Vogue Italy is making a statement by featuring same-sex couples kissing on the cover of their September issue. Three different covers will be available for purchase.
“Vogue Italia’s new editor-in-cheif, Emanuele Farneti, chose to show all kinds of love for next month’s issue by featuring real life couple, Edoardo Velicskov and Pablo Rousson on one cover, Lily Aldridge and Vittoria Ceretti on another, and a heterosexual kiss between Maria Carla Boscono and Federico Spinas on the last,” Pride.com announced.
Italy began recognizing same-sex unions in 2016 but has yet to acknowledge same-sex marriage. The country also does not permit people in same-sex civil unions to adopt their partner’s biological child.
The cover of Vogue will grace newstands everywhere, with a powerful visual statement of LGBTQ+ love.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal