Vogue Italy is making a statement by featuring same-sex couples kissing on the cover of their September issue. Three different covers will be available for purchase.
“Vogue Italia’s new editor-in-cheif, Emanuele Farneti, chose to show all kinds of love for next month’s issue by featuring real life couple, Edoardo Velicskov and Pablo Rousson on one cover, Lily Aldridge and Vittoria Ceretti on another, and a heterosexual kiss between Maria Carla Boscono and Federico Spinas on the last,” Pride.com announced.
Italy began recognizing same-sex unions in 2016 but has yet to acknowledge same-sex marriage. The country also does not permit people in same-sex civil unions to adopt their partner’s biological child.
The cover of Vogue will grace newstands everywhere, with a powerful visual statement of LGBTQ+ love.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding