Romantic fairy-tale photo shoot for engaged Disney lovers
Engaged couple Daniel (he/him) and Tony (he/him) call each other “Bello” and “Beast.” Their shared love of Disney is part of what bonded them as they fell in love, becoming such an integral part of their relationship that their nicknames and wedding are themed around Beauty and the Beast.
Fittingly, their proposal could be right out of a storybook. Daniel shares part of their story: “We had plans to go to Tony’s best friend’s apartment to watch movies and have a relaxing night with her, or that’s what I thought. Tony told me that he had to work late so we would have to drive separate cars, which I thought was fine. When I get to her apartment, Katelyn was waiting outside her door with her hands in the back, which I thought was weird, then she reveals her hands to give me a single yellow rose and open the door for me.”
Yellow roses are known for symbolizing happiness, friendship and luck, but for this couple, a yellow rose evokes something more specific and moving. The rose, of course, is a direct reference to a pivotal plot point in their favorite movie, the color reminiscent of Belle’s yellow ballgown in the original film.
“[Our friend’s] whole apartment was covered in rose petals,” Daniel continues, “framed pictures of us from all the adventures and moments we’ve spent together. Oh, and candles–100 to be specific. Taylor Swift’s Lover was playing in the background, and there was Tony, standing all handsome waiting for me to enter the apartment. I was so happy and surprised because this was a dream come true…but it all made sense. So I walked to where Tony was, he read some beautiful words that he wrote, and then he got on his knees and proposed to me. And of course, I said, ‘YES!’ while crying. I wouldn’t change it for anything.”
Daniel and Tony’s engagement photos were taken at La Casa Feliz in Winter Park, Florida, a romantic venue replete with cobblestones and greenery that make the historic location feel just like a fairy tale.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Reception Venue: Casa Feliz
Photographer: Snapshots by Gabriela
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding