Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
James + Mark
Orientation: Gay; Gay
Pronouns: He/Him; He/Him
Wedding Location: Zoom
For James and Mark, having a Zoom wedding still meant going big. With photos, decor, and a delicious cake, the couple made the virtual ceremony as special as possible for both themselves and their guests.
Before the ceremony began, they shared a welcome note and a slideshow of photos of the couple together.
The ceremony, itself, which included James’s sister as the in-person officiant, involved a gorgeous display of white and green florals hanging above the couple, who were dressed in coordinated black tuxedos with red accents.
The couple met in 2013 on an app. At the time, Mark lived in Georgia and James in California. “We spent hours on the phone discussing everything from our favorite colors to what we valued most, which was family and creating our own someday,” James said.
A few weeks later, Mark got a job offer in California and moved in with James. “Both our family and friends thought it was a wild and crazy idea,” James said, “but we still did it anyway. For some strange reason it felt like it needed to happen.”
The two finally met in person and have been inseparable ever since.
Before marriage equality was legalized in 2015, Mark and James registered as domestic partners in California. In 2021, they decided to make things even more official and become legally married across all 50 states.
Due to the pandemic, Zoom was the best option to bring their families together from across the country.
Breathe, relax, plan, and drink plenty of water
How much in love we still are with one another
Watch the entire amazing ceremony HERE, and for a sneak peak, here are a few screenshots of the special day.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Attire: Vera Wang
Cake: Perfect Crumb
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, virtual wedding, pandemic wedding, Zoom wedding, LGBTQ+ engagement rings, domestic partnership, marriage equality
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams