5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
As 2021 comes to a close, we thought it’d be a good time to start looking back at what has been a wonderful year of LGBTQ love. This year, LGBTQ celebrities have not only been coming out in droves–doing wonders for LGBTQ visibility–but they’ve also been finding their soulmates and committing to spending the rest of their lives with them.
Here are five of our favorite celebrity engagements of 2021–so far!
Brooke Eden and Hilary Hoover
In an epic double proposal, country star Brooke Eden got engaged to radio promoter Hilary Hoover in May.
Hoover proposed to Eden during a romantic trip to Sedona, and Eden proposed back the following weekend in Nashville on a rooftop terrace. The couple gave one another gorgeous stacked engagement rings and celebrated with friends and family.
Eden has been a boon for LGBTQ visibility in country music, singing openly about her LGBTQ identity.
Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman
It doesn’t get more romantic than teammates falling in love. Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman, both players for the WNBA’s Connecticut Sun, got engaged in September.
“So, let’s talk about last night,” Thomas wrote on Instagram after it happened. “I said ABSOLUTELY!! I’m so excited for forever with the love of my life!”
Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer
Last month, actress Kristen Stewart excitedly announced her engagement to actress/screenwriter Dylan Meyer on The Howard Stern Show.
“We’re marrying, we’re totally gonna do it,” she said. “I wanted to be proposed to, so I think I very distinctly carved out what I wanted and she nailed it. We’re marrying, it’s happening.”
Stewart and Meyer have been gushing over one another since they first started dating. In a previous appearance on The Howard Stern Show, Stewart said she told Meyer she loved her after only two weeks of dating.
“I think good things happen fast,” she said.
Looks like she was right!
Marissa Gialousis and Summer Mitchell
Marissa Gialousis and Summer Mitchell, stars of Amazon Prime’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, not only got engaged this year, but they did so on the season finale of the show.
Gialousis proposed to Mitchell on camera while the couple enjoyed a romantic dinner on the beach.
“You’re everything to me. You’re my soul mate,” Gialousis said.
Mitchell said yes, but the couple had to keep their engagement a secret from the public until the episode was released. Now that the world knows, they have been shouting it from the rooftops.
Mary Lambert and Wyatt Paige Hermansen
After more than three years of dating, Mary Lambert, writer and singer of the iconic LGBTQ+ anthem “She Keeps me Warm,” got engaged to English professor Dr. Wyatt Paige Hermansen. The seemingly multi-talented Hermansen was performing with Lambert on stage when they got down on one knee in front of the crowd and popped the question.
“Watching my love get down on one knee felt like the deepest act of choosing,” Lambert wrote on Instagram. “What an incredible honor to love Wyatt, to be their fiancé, to build a family and a home and a life and maybe several more dogs.”
filed under: LGBTQ+ weddings, LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ proposal, LGBTQ engagement ring, celebrity wedding, celebrity proposal, celebrity engagement, LGBTQ+ celebrity engagement
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding