Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
Youtuber and podcast host Cammie Scott recently pulled off the proposal of a lifetime to her girlfriend, Taryn Arnold.
Arnold, a writer and podcast host, had always been infatuated by a love scene from the 1999 romantic comedy, “10 Things I Hate About You.” In the scene, Heath Ledger serenades Julia Stiles on the football field with the song “Can’t Take My Eyes off of You.”
“She has always said that scene where Heath Ledger is dancing in the bleachers professing his love to Julia Stiles is one of her favorite scenes from any movie,” Scott told TODAY.
So Scott decided to recreate the entire thing at Los Angeles’s Banc of California Stadium.
A TikTok video of the unforgettable moment shows the couple standing in the middle of the field while the movie scene plays on the jumbotron. Mixed in with the film are videos of Scott and Arnold, themselves.
At the end of the video, Scott gets down on one knee while loved ones cheer from the stands.
@cammiescott1 asked me to marry her and i said absolutely 🤍🤍🤍 #proposal
“This is the thing that I thought no one would actually ever do for me,” Arnold said. “It was just a dumb thing I used to say, and then when she did it, I was like, ‘Oh my God, this cannot be a mistake. It is happening.’”
While Arnold was shocked at the way Scott popped the question, she wasn’t surprised that Scott proposed. The couple had previously picked out engagement rings together and knew that within a given time period, each would propose to the other.
“We knew that the rings being a surprise wasn’t really important to us,” Scott said. “We wanted the surprise to be how it was done.”
Arnold couldn’t contain her enthusiasm after Scott’s incredible display.
“i cannot believe this life is mine,” she wrote on Instagram, “i cannot believe my friends and my family are mine. i cannot believe @cammiescott is mine. but it’s all true.”
View this post on Instagram
Scott also took to social media to celebrate.
View this post on Instagram
filed under: LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love, movie proposal, 10 Things I Hate About You, Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, LGBTQ+ wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon destination: Iceland
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles