Legendary drag queen RuPaul announced this week that he is married to Georges LeBar, his partner of 23 years. During an interview on “Hollywood Today Live,” RuPaul broke the news that not only is he married….he has been for two months! The couple tied the knot in January on LeBar’s birthday, which also was the anniversary of when the couple met.
“I met him on the dance floor at Limelight in 1994 on his birthday, so we got married on his birthday, the anniversary of when we met, this year,” RuPaul shared with the hosts of “Hollywood Today Live” Ross Matthews and Ali Landry.
LeBar is a ranch owner in Wyoming. The couple spends their time together on destination vacations away from the ranch and Hollywood life. Why get married after all this time?
“We were looking into it really for tax breaks and financial things,” RuPaul confessed.
The star broke the news for the first time on television while promoting the upcoming premiere of the ninth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York