Legendary drag queen RuPaul announced this week that he is married to Georges LeBar, his partner of 23 years. During an interview on “Hollywood Today Live,” RuPaul broke the news that not only is he married….he has been for two months! The couple tied the knot in January on LeBar’s birthday, which also was the anniversary of when the couple met.
“I met him on the dance floor at Limelight in 1994 on his birthday, so we got married on his birthday, the anniversary of when we met, this year,” RuPaul shared with the hosts of “Hollywood Today Live” Ross Matthews and Ali Landry.
LeBar is a ranch owner in Wyoming. The couple spends their time together on destination vacations away from the ranch and Hollywood life. Why get married after all this time?
“We were looking into it really for tax breaks and financial things,” RuPaul confessed.
The star broke the news for the first time on television while promoting the upcoming premiere of the ninth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles
- Basketball-themed golden hour engagement session in Calgary