Legendary drag queen RuPaul announced this week that he is married to Georges LeBar, his partner of 23 years. During an interview on “Hollywood Today Live,” RuPaul broke the news that not only is he married….he has been for two months! The couple tied the knot in January on LeBar’s birthday, which also was the anniversary of when the couple met.
“I met him on the dance floor at Limelight in 1994 on his birthday, so we got married on his birthday, the anniversary of when we met, this year,” RuPaul shared with the hosts of “Hollywood Today Live” Ross Matthews and Ali Landry.
LeBar is a ranch owner in Wyoming. The couple spends their time together on destination vacations away from the ranch and Hollywood life. Why get married after all this time?
“We were looking into it really for tax breaks and financial things,” RuPaul confessed.
The star broke the news for the first time on television while promoting the upcoming premiere of the ninth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights