Legendary drag queen RuPaul announced this week that he is married to Georges LeBar, his partner of 23 years. During an interview on “Hollywood Today Live,” RuPaul broke the news that not only is he married….he has been for two months! The couple tied the knot in January on LeBar’s birthday, which also was the anniversary of when the couple met.
“I met him on the dance floor at Limelight in 1994 on his birthday, so we got married on his birthday, the anniversary of when we met, this year,” RuPaul shared with the hosts of “Hollywood Today Live” Ross Matthews and Ali Landry.
LeBar is a ranch owner in Wyoming. The couple spends their time together on destination vacations away from the ranch and Hollywood life. Why get married after all this time?
“We were looking into it really for tax breaks and financial things,” RuPaul confessed.
The star broke the news for the first time on television while promoting the upcoming premiere of the ninth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts