Legendary drag queen RuPaul announced this week that he is married to Georges LeBar, his partner of 23 years. During an interview on “Hollywood Today Live,” RuPaul broke the news that not only is he married….he has been for two months! The couple tied the knot in January on LeBar’s birthday, which also was the anniversary of when the couple met.
“I met him on the dance floor at Limelight in 1994 on his birthday, so we got married on his birthday, the anniversary of when we met, this year,” RuPaul shared with the hosts of “Hollywood Today Live” Ross Matthews and Ali Landry.
LeBar is a ranch owner in Wyoming. The couple spends their time together on destination vacations away from the ranch and Hollywood life. Why get married after all this time?
“We were looking into it really for tax breaks and financial things,” RuPaul confessed.
The star broke the news for the first time on television while promoting the upcoming premiere of the ninth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter
- LGBTQ+ weddings make weddings better—for everyone