In honor of National Proposal Day (and coincidentally also National Happiness Day) we are sharing some heartwarming proposal stories from Equally Wed that are sure to bring a smile to your face!
Dev and Jason
“As I listened to him tell his story, I was moved to tears by his strength of character. This man was unlike anyone I had ever met before or after. He had the spirit of a child in the face of so much suffering. His energy, his love for all who meet him, and his playful spirit warmed my heart. I saw in him the opportunity of a lifetime: the opportunity to build a life with a remarkable man of gravitas and humility. Incredibly, he asked for my phone number before I asked for his. We went on three dates in the next seven days. One week after we met, I told him to close his eyes and hold out his hands. I placed a wedding band in his hand and said, ‘Open your eyes and hands, and ask me anything you want.’ He asked me to marry him. I said yes.” Read this incredible love story from start to finish here.
Taylor and Lexa
“Some people in life find their person when they are young, while others find theirs when they’ve already grown for a while. The couple featured in this submission is one that met and fell in love young. Taylor and Lexa started dating in their early teens, and they have stayed together and grown together. They’ve also grown more in love every single day, and after years of dating, Taylor contacted me to help plan a surprise proposal for Lexa.” This proposal story of high school sweethearts was so sweetly told by their photographer here.
Nate and John
“Nate and John both planned on proposing to one another on their trip with friends to the South African countryside, filled with luscious greens and beautiful mountains. With the help of their friends, Nate popped the question first.” See all the beautiful photographs of this on-the-knee moment here.
Jason and Kenny
“The minute Jason said he wanted to go to Central Park that Sunday morning, I knew he was going to propose,” Kenny says about the big day. He was excited and always talking on the phone. I just wanted to scream yes, yes, yes, that entire week, but I waited patiently. I felt like the happiest person in the world. We will exchange our vows on a beach, in Trinidad & Tobago next October, with dear friends and family.” Read the full heartwarming story of how this couple went from just friends to madly in love.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California