Rustic and romantic wedding inspiration in Charleston, South Carolina
Michael and Ian run the blog I Love That For You and were the focus of this rustic, romantic wedding inspiration styled shoot in Charleston, South Carolina.
“We’re like all the other couples out there, trying to figure it out together,” says the couple, based in Charleston. “We have a passion for exploring this city and home decor, but in our free time you’ll find us eating pizza while drinking wine and watching Netflix.”
The design objective of this editorial shoot was to promote a masculine and romantic feel while maintaining warmth and joy. Cafe lights and sheer white drapery were twined together to create an intimate ceremony altar against the historic bricks of Merchants Hall. Eucalyptus leaves complemented the fresh white carnations and low-lit candles. White carnations symbolize pure love and good luck, which is the perfect message for any wedding.
Suspended floral installations are on-trend lately in the wedding industry. This shoot features a lush and textured floral statement piece above the farm table which made for an intimate dinner setting. The South Carolina Lowcountry was a major inspiration behind the elements included, such as the Boysterous Couture oyster shell bow ties and the slate stone place cards.
Photographer: Olive and Ivory Photography
Lighting: Lowcountry Entertainment
Equipment Rentals: Eventworks Rentals
Cake Designer: Sablée
Calligrapher: J. Lily Design
Video: Fig Jam Studio
Floral Designer: Fresh Weddings and Events
Event Planner: Peper Events
Venue: Merchants Hall
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding