This moody fall ranch wedding in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a dream
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 4 years ago 1 min read
Lochlyn and Melanie traveled from their home in Texas to the Rivers Bend Ranch in the Blue Ridge Mountains outside of Shenandoah, Virginia, to have their October wedding. Their wedding vibes were moody and autumnal, and they even got an all natural rainbow sun flare at sunset.
During photos, Melanie asked, “Can we get a few pictures of me and my skates?” Melanie’s on a roller derby team, and the entire team was there to celebrate her big day.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: True Story Photography
Event Venue: Rivers Bend Ranch
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)