Rustic mountain wedding in the Colorado Rocky Mountains
Cassidy and Julia had a rustic fall wedding in the Rock Mountains in Colorado.
I’m Cassidy, and the love of my life (and my future bride) is Julia. We met on a dating site. Listen, it’s hard out there trying to figure out who is who and gaydar is not a real thing. Jules and I met while she was working in Atlanta, my hometown. On our first date, she had me in tears laughing before we had ordered our food.
I was nervous and couldn’t control my body temperature. She ended up requesting that the outdoor heater was turned on, and then off and on all night on my account. I knew I had to scoop her up. She is my steady, down-to-earth counterpart and the funniest person I have ever met.
Jules just got her dream job in Oregon and I’m finishing my contract at my job in Atlanta, Georgia, and following her out there in June. We have two cats (Jules will try to convince people this was done against her will and she prefers dogs, but I hear the way she sweet talks them when she thinks I can’t hear).
Both of our families are incredibly loving and so supportive. Jules is the youngest of three girls and I am the middle sister of three girls—all four were bridesmaids. Jules is from California and this is where all of her family still resides, so our destination wedding in Colorado was a rare celebration where we got to laugh and dance with our lively and fun-loving crews.
Jules and Cassidy’s fathers walked them each down the aisle. They walked down the aisle to an acoustic version of “Girls Just Want to Have Fun.” They actually picked it out as a joke at first, but then fell in love with it. From Cassidy: “If you need any further mood boosters, you should take a listen to the song that Jules and I will be walking down the aisle to. It started as a joke between us but now we’re kind of obsessed with the irony of it and really excited for our family and friends the slowly realize what they are listening to as two brides make their way down the aisle.”
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Sharee Davenport
Ceremony Venue: Black Canyon Inn
Reception Venue: Twin Owls Steak House
Florist: The Enchanted Florist
Planner: Natasha Tuccio
DJ: Stage One Events
Officiant: Lisa Hunter, Ceremonies with Lisa
Hair: Amy Meritt
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding