Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
Deb and Kate had a backyard autumn New England wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts, with a relaxed, laidback and rustic vibe. Their wedding colors were orange and yellow paired with deep navy.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Create your day to be exactly how you want it. If you want to do something different or nontraditional, then go for it. Our backyard wedding was exactly what we wanted and our family and friends had the best time and that was the most important to us. Also, don’t forget to take it all in. Planning feels like it lasts forever but the day goes by so quickly, so don’t forget to take a step back together and really appreciate all the love and support that is there for both of you.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
It’s important to treat an LGBTQ+ couple as you would treat any other couple and be open to changes that they may have to the traditional wedding.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Honestly, we were so lucky in that we did not have any real challenges with planning related to being an LGTBQ+ couple. Every vendor and person we worked with was extremely accepting and just wanted to help to make the day the best ever. We also used recommendations from close friends of ours so that was very helpful. I think that living in Massachusetts was a benefit for wedding planning as the community here is very supportive and caring.
Photographer: Mandy Mayberry Photography
Florist: Tammy Masterson
Planner: Kate Jubbori Events
DJ: Scott Pellerin, DJ Scotty P
Musician: John Rodgers
Catering: Keanes Wood-Fired
Cake: Country Kitchen (Donuts)
Officiant: Deb’s brother Steve
Restrooms: Atlantic Mobile Restrooms
Landscaping: Peter Petruchik Landscaping
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples