Sarah + Elissa: A Vintage St. Louis Wedding
Sarah and Elissa were married in the eclectic City Museum in St. Louis, Missouri, surrounded by southern charm.
Sarah and Elissa were married in the eclectic City Museum in St. Louis, Missouri. Surrounded by southern charm, they shared their first look on the rooftop of the venue and tied the knot in front of close family and friends. Afterwards, they honeymooned in the quaint city of Asheville, NC and enjoyed a relaxing, low-key time away from home.
The first look was the most exciting part. It was so exciting taking the elevator to the roof of the City Museum where Elissa was waiting for me. I loved having a couple of moments away from the chaos that is a wedding for just me and her. She also gave me the sweetest gift—a pocket knife with my new initials engraved and a super thoughtful card.
Photographer: Angie Mertz of Simpli Photography
Venue: City Museum
Makeup/Hair: Kelly Butler and Sherry Nillissen of Medusa’s Salon
Bowtie: Mo’s Bows
Catering: Hollyberry Catering
Cake/Desserts: Pint Size Bakery
DJ: Anna Zachritz
Candy Bar: POD Candy
Event Design/Coordinator: Paige Sandbank
Officiant: Matt Sandbank
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding