Tiffany + Codi
Proposal Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Tiffany proposed to Codi during a horseback riding tour on a private island in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Tiffany had been planning the proposal for a year. While riding, Codi had no idea the couple would end up at a gorgeous sign in the sand that read, “Marry Me.” When they arrived at the sign, they dismounted from their horses and Tiffany officially popped the question.
The couple met in 2010 during orientation at Horry Georgetown Technical College in Myrtle Beach. They were both interested in the same major and decided to exchange social media handles. It took six years for them to start dating, though, after Codi decided to DM Tiffany.
“We consumed each other from the beginning and have been inseparable ever since,” says Tiffany. “I did not believe in ‘love at first sight’ or anything like that until I met Codi. I always believed you had to learn to love someone or be together a certain amount of time before you were allowed to fall in love. Our relationship flipped everything I have ever believed in upside down.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Event Designer: Ash Events
Florals: Willow Event Designs
Design/Decor: The Crafty Queen
Location: Inlet Point Stables
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
filed under: LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ proposal, LGBTQ+ weddings
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding