Seattle’s Edgewater Hotel Celebrates Marriage Equality with Wedding Package
By Brittny Drye
In just one week, same-sex couples in Washington will finally have their “I do’s” recognized by the state government, and to celebrate, Seattle’s Edgewater Hotel, the sole luxury waterfront hotel in the city, is introducing a Plunge with Pride wedding package. Starting on December 9, 2012, when couples will be able to legally marry (after the required three-day waiting period from attaining their marriage licenses), the Edgewater will be offering engaged pairs a choice of event rooms overlooking Elliot Bay, the Olympic Mountains and Seattle skyline, a professional photography package, a Mr. & Mr. or Mrs. & Mrs. throw pillow, bottle of Champagne and overnight accommodations.
The interiors evoke the epitome of the Pacific Northwest where rustic mountain lodge meets urban elegance. Couples can choose from three luxurious event spaces to celebrate:
The Olympic Ballroom seats 220 banquet-style and showcases unparalleled waterfront views of Elliott Bay and the Olympic Mountains, with floor to ceiling windows and four large mirrors that reflect the view from every angle, all highlighted by nine crystal chandeliers.
The Terrace Room, with three large mirrors, a stone fireplace and two Lorraine Versailles crystal chandeliers, is the perfect spot for a cocktail party for up to 50 guests, beckoning them to enjoy sweeping views of the Seattle skyline through dramatic eight-foot French doors that open onto an outdoor terrace deck offering a rustic arbor.
The most intimate of gatherings can be arranged in the Forest Room, with an elegant, private restaurant atmosphere for parties of up to 32, featuring sliding glass doors that open onto an outside deck over Elliott Bay, a gas fireplace and Northwest décor perfectly complementing the rough-hewn wood tables and chairs.
Starting from $3,869.00; Price does not include food and beverage, other add-ons, taxes, fees and service charges. Subject to availability at the time of reservation. Food and beverage minimums apply.
For more information on The Edgewater or to book the Plunge With Pride call (866) 316-4449 or visit www.edgewaterhotel.com.
Brittny Drye is the senior editor at Equally Wed, the nation’s premier online magazine for gay and lesbian weddings and honeymoons. Follow her on Twitter @BrittnyDrye.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal