Shalita Grant and Sabrina Skau’s San Francisco City Hall summer wedding
Shalita Grant and Sabrina Skau married Aug. 8, 2018, in a San Francisco City Hall summer wedding. Tony Award–nominated actress Shalita Grant most recently was a cast member in NCIS: New Orleans and now heads off to her newest role as a recurring cast member on Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet, playing opposite Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant.
Her new wife, commercial director Sabrina Skau, proposed to Grant while they were vacationing in Whistler, B.C., over the Christmas holidays. She proposed privately in their hotel room while they were wearing their matching onesies.
The newlyweds met on Her, the dating app for lesbians. Shalita had never used a dating app before, and Sabrina was her first and only date. The Grants exchanged vows in front of 25 guests at San Francisco’s City Hall. People magazine reports that the couple chose the venue “in part because it was the site of California’s first legal same-sex marriage.”
The newlyweds celebrated with an outdoor reception at the private home in of one of Palo Alto’s former mayors. Grant wore a custom white gown with lace pants by Clara Diaz, and Sabrina Skau donned a custom blue suit from Bindle & Keep.
Makeup: Beauty by Erick
Hair, Shalita: Akita Barrett
Hair, Sabrina: Louie Hair Studio
Dress: Clara Diaz
Shoes, Shalita: Christian Louboutin
Suit: Bindle & Keep
Ceremony photographer: Lilia Ahner
Reception photographer: Ingrid Chang for Jerry Yoon Photographers
Chef: Pinoy Heritage
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding