Shiplap, a variety of wooden board used to create a specific style of exterior siding, is often used on barns, sheds and other outdoor structures. This farmhouse style is what marrier Kaitlyn uses to define her love language, and the inspiration behind this Texas wedding.
Kimber and Kaitlyn met thanks to mutual friends, dated for two years and fell hopelessly in love. With a love for shiplap and all things Joanna Gaines, the couple channeled their style inspiration to create this celebration.
“Seriously, I’ve never seen two people look at each other the way Kaitlyn and Kimber do,” shared their wedding photographer, Whitney Rogers. “It’s undeniably real heartfelt love.”
Kaitlyn wore white from head to toe, adorning an upper arm-length veil over her blonde curls and a long sleeve dress with lace detailing. Dark red, blush pink and white were the colors of Kaitlyn’s bouquet. Deep red was also the color of Kimber’s tie and some of the wedding attendants’ dresses. Other members of the wedding party wore blush and metallic dresses. One blush and one deep red flower decorated the couple’s single tier wedding cake which was served to guests during the reception inside a rustic barn.
Photographer: Whitney Rogers Photography
Attire: Circle Park Bridal
Venue: Five Oaks Farm
Catering: Babe’s Chicken
Floral: Cathy Chatham
Entertainment: Be Entertained Events
Dress top: Sundays Bridal
Dress bottom: Circle Park Bridal Boutique
Hair: Tayte Omary Hise
Makeup: Taylor O’Mary Walker
Venue: Five Oaks Farm
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
- Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
- Romantic winter beach wedding in Barcelona, Spain