Shiplap, a variety of wooden board used to create a specific style of exterior siding, is often used on barns, sheds and other outdoor structures. This farmhouse style is what marrier Kaitlyn uses to define her love language, and the inspiration behind this Texas wedding.
Kimber and Kaitlyn met thanks to mutual friends, dated for two years and fell hopelessly in love. With a love for shiplap and all things Joanna Gaines, the couple channeled their style inspiration to create this celebration.
“Seriously, I’ve never seen two people look at each other the way Kaitlyn and Kimber do,” shared their wedding photographer, Whitney Rogers. “It’s undeniably real heartfelt love.”
Kaitlyn wore white from head to toe, adorning an upper arm-length veil over her blonde curls and a long sleeve dress with lace detailing. Dark red, blush pink and white were the colors of Kaitlyn’s bouquet. Deep red was also the color of Kimber’s tie and some of the wedding attendants’ dresses. Other members of the wedding party wore blush and metallic dresses. One blush and one deep red flower decorated the couple’s single tier wedding cake which was served to guests during the reception inside a rustic barn.
Photographer: Whitney Rogers Photography
Attire: Circle Park Bridal
Venue: Five Oaks Farm
Catering: Babe’s Chicken
Floral: Cathy Chatham
Entertainment: Be Entertained Events
Dress top: Sundays Bridal
Dress bottom: Circle Park Bridal Boutique
Hair: Tayte Omary Hise
Makeup: Taylor O’Mary Walker
Venue: Five Oaks Farm
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding