We met back in 2007, I worked at the local golf club and he came to visit a friend who worked with me at that moment.
We had this thing for about 2 months and then lost contact for 2 years.
In 2009 I decided to look him up again as I had been in love with him since the first day we met.
We started seeing each other again, and after a month we moved in together.
RELATED: Yacht wedding at Lake Michigan
One late night seven years down the line, on November 12, 2016 at one of our city’s lookout points with the city light below, I asked him to marry me. He said, “yes.”
And the rest, as they say, is history…
From the couple, Johan and Jan
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding
- Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
- Romantic hillside winery wedding
- Why this wedding shop is getting praise for its wheelchair window display
- These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day
- Purple wedding at Mission Trails Regional Park