We met back in 2007, I worked at the local golf club and he came to visit a friend who worked with me at that moment.
We had this thing for about 2 months and then lost contact for 2 years.
In 2009 I decided to look him up again as I had been in love with him since the first day we met.
We started seeing each other again, and after a month we moved in together.
RELATED: Yacht wedding at Lake Michigan
One late night seven years down the line, on November 12, 2016 at one of our city’s lookout points with the city light below, I asked him to marry me. He said, “yes.”
And the rest, as they say, is history…
From the couple, Johan and Jan
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next