Courtney and Catherine’s yacht wedding in Lake Michigan, Chicago
With gorgeous views of Chicago, a fireworks display over Navy Pier and stunning bridal attire, these ladies certainly knew how to plan an incredible wedding!
From the photographer: At Bonphotage Photography, we are advocates for love – plain and simple. And when we headed around town with Cat and Courtney for their Chicago engagement shoot, it was clear that real love is what I’d be capturing on their wedding day.
Add to that the fact that their wedding was going to take place at the W Hotel in downtown Chicago with stunning views of Lake Michigan followed by the ceremony and reception on a yacht on Lake Michigan…umm count us in!
Cat wore a stunning strapless satin gown by La Sposa and Courtney rocked a modern, jumper from Kleinfelds. The ladies wore fabulous Bagdley Mischka heels and Cat carried a bouquet of ranunculus, roses, hydrangeas and dusty millers. The bridal party kept with the nautical theme in navy blue Jim Hjlem dresses. The couple’s adorable chihuahua Brighton was in attendance, as were a sweet flower girl and ring bearer. The perfect evening ended in fireworks over Navy Pier, emotional and happy toasts and Cat even serenaded Courtney with a ballad she had sung to her early in their relationship!
The weather and light couldn’t have been more beautiful for their wedding day and the happiness and joy from their family and friends who traveled from across the country was truly one for the record books!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
- How to choose a wedding venue
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it