Mexican-inspired wedding in California wine country
Veronica and Natalee’s Mexican-inspired wedding included all of their favorite things from Mexican decor to Texas BBQ.
Purple was the color of the day. The couple’s bridesmaids wore purple gowns and the bridesmen wore ties of complimenting color. All six members of the wedding party stood with the couple during the ceremony. Both Veronica and Natalee walked down the aisle with their parents.
“We had Mexican banners hanging from the cafe lights and we did a lasso ceremony during our vows which is a Latin tradition,” shared Natalee and Veronica.
A BBQ menu was served for dinner because, as the couple says, “we’re Texas girls.” Both marriers’ backgrounds were incorporated into their drink menu. A Texas whiskey and Mezcal tasting was offered along with local California beer and wine, Mexican beer and Texas beer.
The reception featured a mix of tunes from salsa and country tunes to current hits. Natalee and Veronica’s cake topper was a Day of the Dead-inspired skeletal replica of them and their dog. The two tier cake featured greenery and floral decor in hues of purple. As the night started to cool down, the newlyweds put on denim jackets that when put together read, “soul mates.”
Photography: Tanuja Patnaik
Wedding venue: Vine Hill House
Flowers: Purchased at San Francisco Flower Market, arranged by the couple
Planner: Dan O’Connor
Invitations: Made by the couple
DJ: AMS Entertainment
Wedding rings: Stacey Lorinczi
Bridesmaid attire: Weddington Way
Bridesman attire rentals: Bonobos
Cake: A Taste of Denmark
Officiant: Rhonda Blaire
Catering: S’Wine Country BBQ & Gourmet Grill
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights