Styled Shoot: White Winter Lesbian Wedding in Snowy Colorado
While snowshoeing one day in her neighborhood, Maureen Mika, a wedding event stylist, came across a stately canopy of trees. An archway in the branches revealed itself, and softly sent her dreaming of a wedding aisle. She loved how the snow played off of the evergreens and the mountainous terrain. When designing this shoot, she wanted to keep those same elements involved.
The natural snow white, so elegant and pure, dancing gracefully with the rest of the rugged and colorful Colorado landscape. The design was very much white on white, yet subtle whispers of color gently foreshadowed, complimenting the clean, expertly executed cake design. For the bridal attire, she had the two brides coordinate in alluring white gowns. However, she wanted each bride to have her own unique, artistic style. Maureen chose dresses that had beautiful bead work and full skirts that added to the elegant, dreamlike theme. One bride wore a beautiful head wrap, while the other wore a delicate beaded headpiece and lace gloves.
From the wedding stylist Maureen Mika: “In the constant fight for equal rights in marriage, love has always proved to be the ultimate power—even though judiciously, only recently. Congratulations on the victory! The group of vendors I work with are proud proponents of the LGBTQ community, and can’t wait to participate and share more of these magical moments!
See more lesbian weddings like this.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
SHOOT LOCATION | Inspiration Point, Denver, Colorado
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER | Kristina Lynn Photography & Design
STYLIST | Maureen Mika events.styling.image
WEDDING DRESSES | The Bridal Collection
FLORIST | Alan Perry Productions
MAKEUP | Danelle Lovelace
WEDDING HAIR | Carlos Carreon
WEDDING CAKE | Kelley Kakes
WEDDING INVITATIONS | Kristina Lynn Photography & Design
For more equality-minded wedding vendors and venues around the globe who embrace gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual and queer couples, search our directory of vetted creative professionals.
Equally Wed Editors
You both look unbelievably stunning on that winter scenery:)
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms
- This springtime lakeside elopement featured upcycled wedding outfits and a mountaintop picnic
- The best way to register for wedding gifts
Thank you so much for featuring our shoot!