Summer citrus wedding inspiration at historic post office
This wedding inspiration featuring Brandon and Justin, a real couple who were married just a few months before the shoot, features a prominent citrus theme with a summery feel
This shoot is full of personalized details for the couple, including calligraphy with their names on the drink bottles and with the saying “always love is love” and the invitation suite that was tailored to them.
The Historic Post Office is a unique historical venue located in downtown Hampton, Virginia. Completed in 1914, the Historic Post Office was designed during the Beaux-Arts architectural period and served for many decades as the largest U.S. Post Office in the Hampton Roads, Virginia, area. Now it’s one of the most popular wedding venues.
Citrus fruits of all kinds, bought fresh and dried, were used throughout the decor and paired with a citrus ombré floral theme that moves down the table and is used throughout the shoot. Accents of blue patterned linen and antique porcelain pieces were paired with all the color and fruit.
The invitation suite is a botanical citrus theme, with handmade paper and custom white calligraphy. The stamps, color choices and accents were all specifically chosen for this stationery and paired with florals and bespoke flat lay props for the photography.
Photographer: Molly Lichten Photography
Event Designer: Lustre Theory
Reception Venue: The Historic Post Office
Makeup Artist: BlushTones
Hair Stylist: Flawless On Site
Model: Brandon and Jason Monahan
Linens and Coverings: Waterford Event Rentals
Equipment Rentals: Distinctive Event Rentals
Other: Mad Hatter Vintage Rentals
Floral Designer: Kate Fiore Floral Design
Cake Designer: Cakes by Angela Morrison
Invitation Designer: Lustre Theory
Apparel: Benton Knight, LT
Calligrapher: Seniman Calligraphy
Other: Executive Beverage
Officiant: Get Me To I Do
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next