Summer citrus wedding inspiration at historic post office
This wedding inspiration featuring Brandon and Justin, a real couple who were married just a few months before the shoot, features a prominent citrus theme with a summery feel
This shoot is full of personalized details for the couple, including calligraphy with their names on the drink bottles and with the saying “always love is love” and the invitation suite that was tailored to them.
The Historic Post Office is a unique historical venue located in downtown Hampton, Virginia. Completed in 1914, the Historic Post Office was designed during the Beaux-Arts architectural period and served for many decades as the largest U.S. Post Office in the Hampton Roads, Virginia, area. Now it’s one of the most popular wedding venues.
Citrus fruits of all kinds, bought fresh and dried, were used throughout the decor and paired with a citrus ombré floral theme that moves down the table and is used throughout the shoot. Accents of blue patterned linen and antique porcelain pieces were paired with all the color and fruit.
The invitation suite is a botanical citrus theme, with handmade paper and custom white calligraphy. The stamps, color choices and accents were all specifically chosen for this stationery and paired with florals and bespoke flat lay props for the photography.
Photographer: Molly Lichten Photography
Event Designer: Lustre Theory
Reception Venue: The Historic Post Office
Makeup Artist: BlushTones
Hair Stylist: Flawless On Site
Model: Brandon and Jason Monahan
Linens and Coverings: Waterford Event Rentals
Equipment Rentals: Distinctive Event Rentals
Other: Mad Hatter Vintage Rentals
Floral Designer: Kate Fiore Floral Design
Cake Designer: Cakes by Angela Morrison
Invitation Designer: Lustre Theory
Apparel: Benton Knight, LT
Calligrapher: Seniman Calligraphy
Other: Executive Beverage
Officiant: Get Me To I Do
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
- Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
- Romantic winter beach wedding in Barcelona, Spain
- Intimate dinner party wedding with butterfly release ceremony