Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
Jonathan and James held their Tuesday afternoon wedding ceremony at San Francisco’s breathtaking Palace of Fine Arts. They then celebrated their marriage with an evening cruise on the San Francisco Bay.
“We wanted to incorporate simplicity with grandeur, nontraditional and humor,” the couple writes.
The natural grandeur of the venue also meant they didn’t need to add any decor.
“We personalized our day by making sure that all of our loved ones were celebrated along with us,” they say.
71 guests joined the couple, many of whom came from thousands of miles away.
“When all had assembled under the Rotunda for the ceremony and we looked out on all who had made the sacrifice and effort to travel and arrange accommodations on our behalf, that was indescribable.”
“These are the kind of genuine people that are integral parts of our lives and truly mean the world to us. This is why we wanted to make their day special as well.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Ian Chin Photography
Jewelry: Louis Vuitton
Rings: Tiffany & Co.
Invitations: Hyegraph Invitations
Ceremony Venue: Palace of Fine Arts
Reception Venue: Hornblower Cruises & Events
Hotel: Hotel Vitale San Francisco
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget