This springtime lakeside elopement featured upcycled wedding outfits and a mountaintop picnic
Adventure-loving couple Kait (she/her) and Sophie (she/her) wanted to express their love for each other with a gorgeous view, so they decided to elope in Voyageurs National Park. The pair of outdoor enthusiasts rented an Airbnb in nearby International Falls, Minnesota, where they spent the entire weekend.
Kait and Sophie got ready for their wedding together, helping each other with their hair and attire. They separated to write their vows to one another before hiking out to exchange them.
Their tops were both made from the bodices and sleeves of their mothers’ wedding dresses, with red pants for one bride and a blue A-line skirt for the other. The marriers completed their looks with black hiking boots. On a large gray rock in front of a lake, Kait and Sophie read their vows to each other and shared a kiss, then hiked to their favorite picnic spot–a little clearing in the woods–for celebratory champagne and cupcakes.
“This is exactly how we first pictured getting married,” Kait and Sophie shared with their elopement photographer. Earlier that spring, the newlyweds held a small reception party with their family and friends in Rochester, New York.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Wildly Connected Photography
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or loveshoot
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.